6s Plus Min Charge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sasha.danielle, Feb 11, 2016.

1. sasha.danielle macrumors regular

First of all, I have to say the batter on my 6s+ is amazing. I sometimes get two days of moderate use out of it. I have yet to kill it in a single day. And I actually realized yesterday that I'd never actually run the battery completely out before. However, when my phone did shut down, it did so with 12% left of its charge (or so the indicator told me). I was super annoyed. I'd forgotten my charger and was going to need this charge. The highways were bad and there was a blizzard and I wanted to conserve that last bit of power just in case something happened on the road. Low and behold the phone died as soon as I got on the road.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this typical? I'm a little bit suspicious as I also feel iPhones misrepresent their signal strength to make you think they have better connectivity than other kinds of phones. Do they do the same with the battery? Or is there something amiss with my battery? Or, again, is this more to do with the fact that I'd never completely drained my battery before?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

It's just not calibrated probably. Anything below 15% or so IMO is at risk of dying.

3. sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

4. noobinator macrumors 601

It's more like calibrating the battery % since the actual battery needs no "calibration" any longer.

When mine acted wonky I'd charge it to 100%, play an HD video at full brightness til it died then recharge it. It seemed to help show the correct %.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You can try the calibration thing but the best thing is to charge your phone at night while sleeping so you never need to worry about it.

6. Skorpio, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016

Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

I'll also add that batteries in very cold weather (below 32°) can do some strange things sometimes. Iphones can also shut down by itself for battery safety at those temps.

7. sasha.danielle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

The phone itself was never cold.