Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niravdave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
I dont know if its a new feature but I DO NOT get a camera shutter sound on my new 6s Plus.
Has anyone else noticed it ?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If that's true, lucky you!

That's usually only achievable by jailbreaking and renaming the sound file.

niravdave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
No my phone was not on silent..I quickly did the rest. settings->General-->Reset (Reset all settings) and it started working.
However the click/shutter sound is very low compared to my iPhone 4s and I checked all my phone volumes are no high setting.

aesc80

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2015
No my phone was not on silent..I quickly did the rest. settings->General-->Reset (Reset all settings) and it started working.
However the click/shutter sound is very low compared to my iPhone 4s and I checked all my phone volumes are no high setting.
It's called 'stalker mode'. :p

Reactions: eyoungren

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Mine is the same exact way on 6s. When compared to 6 it is noticeably quieter.

Other system sounds are also lower, keyboard click, airdrop, lock sound...etc.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Did you have Live Photos enabled by chance? I get no shutter sound with live photo enabled on my 6S Plus

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
The shutter noise is based on the media volume (the volume slider in control center). If that is muted, even if your ringer is on the phone will not make a shutter noise.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The shutter noise is based on the media volume (the volume slider in control center). If that is muted, even if your ringer is on the phone will not make a shutter noise.
Is that separate from the sound controls in the Settings app?

Because there's a switch in there that lets you adjust system sounds independently of ringer volume.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Is that separate from the sound controls in the Settings app?

Because there's a switch in there that lets you adjust system sounds independently of ringer volume.
It's the media volume which would be the volume for music, videos, etc. It's the slider that's always in control center under the brightness slider.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It's the media volume which would be the volume for music, videos, etc. It's the slider that's always in control center under the brightness slider.
Right. But if I have the switch in the Settings app set to off so that the volume of system, ringer and media are all the same volume does the slider in Control Center then ignore that setting?

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Solved! As someone said, when Live Photos is enabled, there is no shutter sound. When disabled, there is the standard sound. This was driving me nuts since I got the phone! Now I understand!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.