6s Plus not activating phone number

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshkoala, Oct 1, 2015.

1. joshkoala macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2015
    Hi all...

Just got my new iphone 6s Plus in the mail. I backed up my old 6+ last night via iTunes. This morning I decided to set up and activate the new 6s+ from my backup.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly until iTunes got stuck on "Syncing Apps". Let it sit for over 2 hours and nothing happened so I undocked the phone. Seemed like everything transferred over BUT my phone number never activated so I cannot make cellular calls/texts/etc...

When I plug it back into iTunes, on the summary screen, it says "N/A" for phone number.

Ive done the process of resetting back to factory defaults and restoring from there. Both with no results.

EDIT: i'm on t-mobile
  2. eyoungren macrumors P6

Aug 31, 2011
    ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
    The SIM that comes inside T-Mobile phones are dummy SIMs. They don't work. You need to go to a T-Mobile store, or call to have them give you an active SIM. If you already had service with them before this phone then put your old SIM in this one.

I know this because I just switched from Sprint yesterday and the rep stated that the shipping SIMs are dummys.
  3. joshkoala thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2015
  4. joshkoala thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2015