6s Plus Owners: Anyone using an iPad charging brick?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmstrong, Sep 26, 2015.

1. bmstrong macrumors 6502

I just came back from a couple months stint on a Nexus 6 with quick charge. Imagine my surprise when I plugged in my 6s Plus with the standard Apple brick and popped back a couple minutes later. I do recall a bit of a stew late last year when people where using an Apple iPad charging brick. Anyone attempting the same now?

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The iPhone 6/6s accept a 2A charge, so yes, you can use the iPad brick. Some claim it charges faster others say it does not. I seem to think it charges faster. Bottom line, it is NOT harmful to your phone.

Personally, I think Apple should skip the cheap headphones and include the bigger charger.

3. dmx macrumors 6502

Yes, iPhone 6 and 6s as well as plus models are compatible with the 2.1 amp charger. You will see faster charge speeds, especially on the "Plus" models.

Older iPhones also worked with the 2.1 amp charger, but they would charge at the same speed as a normal 5 watt block.

4. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Actually the amperage on the the charger is what it allows the unit to draw. You can always use a charger with a higher amperage rating as long as it's the same voltage.

5. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Yep, used it for my regular 6 plus and had no issues with my iPhone what's so ever.

6. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

I always charge with a 10W iPad charger, or my USB outlet I installed at home which is 2.1A. Definitely charges faster than a standard charger, on both my 6S and the 6 I handed down to my wife.

7. supervelous macrumors 6502

I always use the 12W charger for my iPhone 6 Plus and now 6S plus.