6s Plus Safari scrolling and home button issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Markeem, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Markeem macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Started switching from Android this year with an Ipad Air 2 and it has been a pure joy ride so far. Nothing to complain about at all.

So I wanted to take it a step further and got a 6s Plus. The first thing I noticed right away was the loud home button clicking sound. This can be quite annoying especially in a quiet enviroment. Using the home button more towards it`s edges makes the clicking disappear. Also there is a tiny bit of backlash in the home button when moving it left and right. Nothing major at all and not noticeable under normal usage but its not there on the Air 2.

Did you guys notice this as well with your devices?

Also didnt like the scrolling experience in Safari. There is no intertia/momentum when scrolling making it sometimes painfully slow to scroll through a page. Right now I am still on IOS 9.1. Does it get better with the 9.2 Beta ?

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Some people have complained about have an issue with the loud clicking sounding home button with 6S and 6S Plus. Only thing you can do is take it into Apple and get them to look at it for you. If there is a problem with yours, Apple will swap it out.
    I can't really comment on Safari because I do not have a problem with scrolling on my 6S Plus.

3. Conan86 macrumors 6502

My 6s' home button is as quiet as my iPad's.

Yes, the scrolling is kinda slow on the iPhones, the other browsers have no such issue. No idea if they'll tweak it on later iOS

4. lamborghini392 macrumors member

All the buttons on my 6S are loud and clicky. Also I agree that iOS scrolling is noticeably slower and "stiffer" than Android. What I like about iOS though, is clicking the status bar will take you back to the top of a page.

Off topic, but can Apple even replace the touch ID sensor? Thought it was like Windows where it's tied to the hardware.

5. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I am not sure if they can or not. If you have an Apple Store near you they may be able to answer this for you.

6. Markeem thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to a retail store to compare mine to other iPhones. The clicking noise seems pretty consistent in the S series but the ones I tested ( One 6s and one 6s plus) didnt have the tiny play I have with mine.

7. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

unlock with your thumb instead of your finger on the scanner, problem solved. But really i like the firm home button and the slight click. If it was soft and mushy it would feel cheap.

8. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

My 6s home button is clickier than my air 2. Got used to it over time though.