6s Plus Screen Dust

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sbbrown333, Sep 30, 2015.

1. sbbrown333 macrumors member

So after spending 4 hours Friday night setting my phone up as new and almost 4 days of use I noticed it: There is a speck of dust under the screen in the bottom left corner. Now that I've seen it it's driving me crazy. Of course the local Apple Store has no availability for a genius bar appointment either. I guess I should be used to this as I've taken the last three launch day phones I've gotten back to the Apple Store for replacement. Has anyone else experienced issues like this with the 6s or 6s Plus?

2. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

I had dust under my rear camera. Brought it back, couldn't be cleaned because it was too new, so exchanged it for another sealed unit with receipt.

3. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

Good to know they replaced it. Usually when I have launch day issues its a replacement but it's from a phone in a small white box not labeled from the Genius Bar. I know they're too new to have refurbs but it still annoys me.

4. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I got it. That's why the first thing I did was getting a while and black wallpaper to inspect. I bought 2 for this purpose. The 2nd one has none

5. Sarah Jones 799 macrumors member

Sarah Jones 799

wow, Quality control this year has been so terrible.

6. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Quality control every year lately has been terrible.

7. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

To me it has been this way for the past few launches. I always have an issue with a screen or the Touch ID sensor or something that causes me to have it replaced at the Apple Store. I guess I will go Friday morning and try to get in an appointment later that day.

8. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered my device from Apple because last year when I had an issue and had ordered the 6 from AT&T they made AT&T fix it. Wondering if I should try to take it to the AT&T Store since Apple has no available appointments.

9. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Honestly they're either going to accept an exchange with a restocking fee, or they'll ship you a replacement which is a crapshoot whether or not it's refurbished or an old return at this point coming from AT&T.

10. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

True. I never have good experiences at the AT&T store here.