6S Plus screen rotation improvements?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmann, Sep 25, 2015.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It feels that every day or so my 6 Plus has issues with sensing when the phone is rotated, requiring it to be rotated back and forth before it goes into landscape to watch a video or back into portrait. Has anyone experience similar issues on the new 6S Plus yet

2. thedru13 macrumors regular

This is a great question. Curious about this myself. This went away but seems to be back with IOS 9.0.1

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

6S Plus here - no issues noted so far. All is fast as hell and smooth.

4. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Mine is working better than my 6plus so far. No issues to be seen as of yet.

5. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I have this problem every time I go to the home screen. Anybody have a fix yet?

6. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I have noticed a few orientation issues on my 6s+, but nothing major. Other than the couple dead pixels and the shard of something under the display glass, I've been very happy with it. I'm not sure when this was removed but it seems like the home screen can't orient upside down like it could with the 6+. Very welcome change.

Not sure if I should bother with returning it at the Apple store though for the issue stated above.

7. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

Yeah my screen tries to go horizontal pretty often, especially when exiting an App by pressing the home button. All of a sudden the screen goes horizontal, even though I'm holding it vertically, then it switches back to vertical. A very small annoyance

8. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I'm in a similar predicament.

I'm enjoying the heck out of the phone and don't particularly want to get into exchange hell.

My logic thus far is, could always be worse.

I have an appointment for Monday but we'll see.. Apple Store is gonna be really packed too

the colors and vibrancy of this display aside from dead pixels and a weird yellow blotch in a corner are great. the yellow blotch is subltle in portrait too.

9. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I think I may actually wait it out for a bit. The only reason I would want to get a replacement in the next few days would be to exchange my T-Mobile for an AT&T for band 30, but I doubt that'll make any significant improvement that's worth dealing with all the chaos at the store. I'll probably wait a few more months for this phone to get beat up and then order an express replacement through AppleCare+, free of charge.

10. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I'm trying to figure out how it's supposed to work on the home screen. Are you supposed to be able to freely change home screen orientation by rotating the phone around at any time? Or do you have to open an app or swipe a home screen page to get it to rotate? Help! I can't figure this out. I have view mode set to standard, not zoom.