6s Plus Silver vs Space Gray Size Illusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stacked, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Stacked macrumors regular

Hey all,

So I definitely know I want the 6s Plus but from your own experiences or opinion, which color comes across as looking smaller ? I feel like the white front comes across as looking larger than the black.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Agreed, the silver looks bigger to me even though I know its not.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

Yea. They both feel the same and are technically the same dimensions but the white front just looks HUGEE compared to the space gray.

Just wanted to get a feel for everyone's opinions

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Is this a "Does this color make my iPhone's butt look big?" thread?

:p

6. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

I owned the white 6 plus, and now the 6s plus in space gray and size wise it's all the same...No illusion IMO

7. terraphantm, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

terraphantm macrumors 68040

I've used both. The white front definitely looks bigger even though it isn't

8. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

You mean bigger ?:p

9. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

I used to have the space grey 6 Plus and I just got the silver 6s Plus, but they look about the same to me. However, when the 6 Plus first came out, I thought that the silver looked bigger than the space grey. There was definitely an illusion to me. But maybe after a year with this size phone the illusion has gone away.

10. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Yeah... That is why I went with the silver this time, because it looks bigger! I had the space gray 6+ but after a year, the black got boring and somewhat depressing due to the lack of color.

11. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I just got the 6s plus in silver from a space gray 6 Plus. I never got that illusion.

12. double329 macrumors 6502

Regardless of color, to me I have 6 plus and it is a really good size and doesn't appear to be that big. But when I saw other use the very same phone, I was like dang!! The phone is huge!

13. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

I can't make up my mind. I've never had a white front iPhone but i'm leaning more towards the black front. I spend most of my time watching hulu/netflix and playing games anyways and supposedly the black front is nicer for that. SIGH

14. Sean76 macrumors 6502

Sean76

I like em both. I think what I'll do is switch back and forth with each year when a new phone comes out.

15. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I guess with the black bezel you get the same effect as when you watch movies. It's less notable so fades into the background. With the white display, the lines are clear so you notice the size of the device a little more.

Personally, the plus has always looked a little awkward and less well proportioned than the regular 6, so a white display was jarring. I went for a space grey in the end. For a regular 6 though I'd have gone for a silver (or rose gold if I was feeling daring).

16. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

some girl asked me why my phone looks bigger.

we both have the 6+, hers is white.

17. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Once you get used to using the 6 Plus you don't think about it being a mega phone. But personally since I've used both a white and black front Plus I can agree that the white phone looks bigger. YMMV.

18. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Whoops, yeah, Freudian skip I guess lol (though I really do prefer black)

19. Stacked thread starter macrumors regular

Well I ended up getting the space gray 6s plus. Coming from the iPhone 6 this thing feels huge and heavy :eek: I hope i get used to it