6s Plus Users...Any Stuttering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msae, Sep 29, 2015.

1. msae macrumors member

I've noticed a bit of stutter here or there on the 6s Plus. If you'd like to see for yourself, scroll through the gallery in Workflow or the home page in Pinterest. Also, the 3D Touch menus on the home screen stutter a bit when launching.

6s users: is the stutter present for you as well?

I'm on 9.0.1 now, but I checked 9.1b2 as well, and it was present.

2. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

3. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

4. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Mine seems incredibly smooth. Maybe a janky implementation in those apps? Also keep in mind apps like PInterest have a backend service, so there can be some latency when data is being fetched. You might be scrolling along perfectly smooth, need more data from the service, and while that's being fetched, parsed and rendered to the display, you could see a little stutter (even with pre-fetching, caching, etc.)

5. Benched08 macrumors regular

Only iOS 9 stutters. The phone is certainly man powering through, but it does hiccup sometimes in the app switcher, and those 3D Touch presses, and occasional randomness.

6. susan12369 macrumors 6502

7. OrionsByte macrumors regular

OrionsByte

I get a lag here or there, mostly when I'm coming out of the lock screen, but I blame that on iOS 9, not the phone itself. It'll get fixed.

8. TheMacApple macrumors regular

9. msae thread starter macrumors member

Good to hear! Thank you all for your replies. I, too, was guessing it's an implementation problem with specific apps. I wish I had a 6s to compare with. As with the 6/6 Plus, there are some discrepancies in GFXBench, with the 6s outperforming the 6s Plus in one on-screen test. It's definitely not as drastic this time, though.

10. HEK, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

11. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

Only once in a while when unlocking, the FPS drop during animation but I'm sure it'll be fixed.