6S Replacement, Battery Issue Persists - Assess My Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Feb 13, 2016.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I just opened my replacement phone last night; I haven't sent my old one back yet. The past two weeks have yielded awful battery life. Yes, I have location services on, bluetooth, wifi, et cetera. But I've never turned these things off and something has changed dramatically, even after a restore as new.

I've had this phone now for about 12 hours. At 0530, I took it off the charger at 100%. This is my usage as of this morning and I'm at 81%. If it's worth noting, I watched it go from 84 to 83 to 82 in a matter of 30 seconds. Can using a third party lightning cable cause this even if I'm using the apple brick? This does not seem normal. First world problems, I get it, but this is really frustrating me.

Attached Files:

2. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

The cable could cause an issue if it's not mFi certified.

Do you have a Mac? Download Coconut Battery (Google their site, it's not on the App Store). Then plug in your device and show the screen shot of the iOS section. Try it on both devices if you still have both.

3. crawltochina macrumors member

I don't understand your problem. Over 2 hours of usage and 20% lost. That means overall about 10 hours usage to 0% which would be awesome for a 6S.

4. Alexrat1996 Suspended

5. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Turning off my battery % was the best thing I did for my cellphone usage. Did this years ago and I never have gone back. I can get 2-3 days of use out of my iPhone 6+.

And yes, stop using non-mfi certified cables. I currently have both (some made in China noname brand 6ft cable) and Anker iPhone certified cables. I get weird behavior using the noname brand cable - not to mention it only charges at 1amp regardless of the charging brick.

I have an insane OCD with free hard drive % and battery %. I have to turn mine off for my own sanity.

6. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

What was the battery life? What battery life are you expecting?

7. JAT macrumors 603

Force quit the first 10 apps in the list, see if it improves.

8. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Because I've noticed a significant drop. I've had every iteration of the iPhone and have never been affected or noticed battery life before. Now, something is very different.

Well, I work 12-hour shifts and hardly have the chance to use my phone and I'm in the 30s% by 1400.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Nothing wrong with you battery. You are on track for over 10 hours of usage. Anything over 5 hours of usage is considered 'normal' by Apple. You are getting almost double that. You are even in spec for Apple's specs saying "Up to 10 hours". So you are getting the maximum even Apple says you could achieve.

10. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

11. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I'm not a power user, but I keep background app refresh, bluetooth etc. off. I try to close my apps too. Even so when I write on this iPhone my battery percentage goes down fast (as it always has.) So I keep my phone on low power mode and get another 2-5 hours of use out it. For me that works and allows me to either get home or get to work so I can charge the phone without being stuck.