6s significant battery drain during phone call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kazmac, Aug 14, 2016.

1. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Hi everyone,

I was on a call for almost 3 hours, so when I checked my battery life after I hung up, I was startled to see the battery drained over 40% just from a wifi phone call. The phone was on 87% when I made the call and down to 45% once I was done.

I have the 6s set to low power and no other apps were open or running in the background. 9.3.1 is installed. And Blue Tooth etc. are off.

I would expect that kind of rapid battery drain if I didn't have low power on, but just wondering if that is normal. I've had the 6s since December.

2. nordique macrumors 6502a

Seems like a lot of drain for 3 hours, but it could be related to what you were doing at the time (if you were on the go and went through some areas where the signal was poor, that can lead to an increased thermal output due to the transmitter working harder, which in turn causes faster battery drain).

If its a software bug, I have found that a hard reset or even restarting the phone/turning the phone off and then on again tends to fix these weird issues that spring up out of nowhere

Often times its some signal that just gets caught up in a loop during a call and doesn't "switch off" after you hang up so you need to force it to switch off, by rebooting the phone.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Perhaps Possibly poor signal which consumed more of Your battery. Three hours is a significant time in which poor reception could have contributed to the battery drain.

4. kazmac thread starter macrumors 601

kazmac

Hmmm...I was home all day and near my router for the duration of the call.

But my wifi signal was terrible here several hours prior to the call yesterday. I will try a hard reboot now.

Thank you both for responding.