6S+ Under clocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bigserver1, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I searched the forum but didn't find anything on this, so I'm asking here.

In reading reviews, it seems like the 6S+ has a processor that's clocking at 1.7 GHz, while the clock scores on the 6S are looking like 1.8 ish. Is that accurate? Were the 6/6+ clocked the same way at 1.3 (+) and 1.4 respectively? Just wondering if there's reasoning for it that I'm missing.

2. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

I haven't seen a different clock speed on any benchmarks.

3. Dice101 macrumors newbie

I have seen 1.79 to 1.83 for both devices hope I get lucky and score a 1.8 or above though the difference is probably negligible.

4. Bigserver1 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm struggling to find the reviews now that differ. Harder to find on mobile vs desktop, but I swear I saw that. Maybe I didn't now I'm not sure.

5. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

I think it's dynamic throttling based on what you are running and how warm it gets.

6. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

Yeah, that's my guess too. These devices are passively cooled and do tend to fluctuate their clock speed based on load and temperatures and maybe even battery charge level now with the new low power logic.

7. Dice101 macrumors newbie

Can't believe I didn't think of that.

8. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Yeah as others have mentioned it gets throttled based on other tasks, when you last rebooted, when you last ran a benchmark, etc. I've seen everything from 1.7GHz to 1.85GHz. Although I'm kinda interested to see what the score is in low power mode. Anyone have that? Could be about as fast as an iPhone 6! Hah. Too bad we can't run that mode with email push enabled.