6S vs 6S Plus Camera (for those who used both)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ARizz44, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I know I know, it is quite late in the game to be asking this but I really need some honest feedback.

Despite huge hands, I prefer the size of the 4.7" model mainly because I can reach all four corners one handed with my thumb with ease without shifting the phone. I never once have used reachability nor needed to. I don't need the extra battery of the plus, nor do I notice the difference in resolution.
    However I do take a ton pictures and videos.

I do not typically print my pics. They are more so for social media usage and sharing to others via text. My question to those who have used both cameras is this: how much better does OIS make the pics and videos on the S Plus? I am more interested in your opinions than the video reviews I have watched on YouTube. For a photo and video enthusiast, would the difference be drastic enough for you to deal with the size of the S Plus just to have that camera? That is what I am looking for. Thank you.

2. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

I think the 6S camera is at least as good as the 6S camera. :D

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

You might want to change the title to reflect your question concerning the camera on the 6S VS the 6S+. Your current title is 6S vs 6S Camera (for those who used both) :(

You might get more responses.

Dave

4. ARizz44 thread starter macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Lol good grief. I even used 'who' instead of 'who've' in the title. This has been a true Monday for me in every aspect possible. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. :oops:

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

You forgot to put the + sign on one of those in the title :confused:

6. ARizz44 thread starter macrumors 6502

ARizz44

The way this day has been going, I think it can only get better from here lol!

7. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

From what I can tell, the biggest difference is the iPhone 6s Plus has OIS, and therefore video quality is much improved. A big part of video quality is how stable to video is. You can still get great video with the 6s but you need to be holding it pretty still or brace yourself against something to get video as good as the 6s Plus. Otherwise you'll need to run it through software to stabilize it which loses some resolution. For photos, I think the OIS is more of a help in low-light conditions, I'm just not certain if there is as significant a difference as there is with video. My guess from looking at photos is no.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I personally chose the plus versions (6+ and 6S+) primarily for OIS. I love taking pictures and have a decently visited photoblog. So, the improvements in low light pictures and also in stabilizing walking videos was the decider.

9. beeinformed macrumors 6502

If you have a hand tremor will the hardware image stabilization feature in the 6S+ make a significant difference (when taking photos) vs the digital OIS feature in the 6S?

10. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

11. MRxROBOT macrumors 6502

MRxROBOT

The video is a lot more stable on the + variants. I have a + and my wife has the smaller phone. It makes a big difference in shots when you're moving. Photos seem about the same to my untrained eyes, but videos is where the + shines.

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Wow that is a bigger difference than I expected.

13. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Dont know about the 6S and 6S plus, but , i owned the 6 and 6 Plus . There wasn't a huge difference

14. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

if video is important, you can always use the difference in price towards a 3-axis gimbal stabiliser.

15. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

16. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Or a solid O'Connor Fluid head with legs.

17. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

you just can't fly with that though...

[​IMG]

18. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

it's a 3-axis gimbal with brushless motors (for stabilisation for smooth video). this one allows both cell phones and GoPros 3 & 4.

I've since switched to another one that adds both tilt & pan.

19. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

Does that provide any benefit to Plus models?

20. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

this video might convince you...