6sPlus: screen protector needed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayland1985, Oct 15, 2015.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I tend to use my phones naked. This past year, though, for resale reasons (and extra grip) I started using invisible shield to keep scratches down.

While the rear film will be a given (to keep scratches down), how necessary is a screen protector on these newest models?

They talk about how hard the iPhone glass is, but I recall many people having scratch issues on their iPhone 6 models. Was this fixed for the 6s?

I wouldn't question it normally, but the slightest nick to the edge of the zagg glass leads to cracks... Which I'm sure will be worse with force touch.

So, is it even worth paying for a screen protector?

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I agree that the Zagg glass, while it looks great, is not curved to match the screen edges and cracks easily. I replaced my last one about 5 times in one year, and I am not hard on my phone at all(not drops, etc).

So when you consider the cost of the glass protector with installation at a kiosk, plus paying for multiple re-installs, I could have probably just replaced the screen once if anything happened, especially if I have apple care.

I am considering a 3d glass protector, but am waiting to see what becomes available and how the early reviews look.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I use Spiegen 'crystal' hard protectors. They're around $15 but last the life of the phone in my experience. As they don't go right to the edges they don't suffer from any cracking or dust getting underneath etc.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I've stopped using Invisible Shield and moved to various glass screen protectors off Amazon. My latest one is a Spigen and looks great so far.

5. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll have to look into spiegen. But overall so far it sounds like the iPhone glass is still scratch prone