6th-gen iPod Touch now available in store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thmshale, Jul 16, 2015.

1. thmshale macrumors member

thmshale

I just bought a new Touch online using the store pickup option. They don't have them on display yet, but my local store does have them in the back. Just an FYI!

2. Cralfinsam macrumors newbie

Cralfinsam

Are they on Amazon yet? I would like to use my gift card balance to pay for the new iPod Touch.

3. thmshale thread starter macrumors member

thmshale

A quick search at Amazon didn't turn anything up. iPod supplies shouldn't be very constrained so I imagine third party retailers will get stock soon.

4. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Best Buy already shows them as "coming soon" so I anticipate that they'll be everywhere by early next week.

5. Jordan246 macrumors regular

Jordan246

Lancetx Where do you see that coming soon because I was on there website and all they have is 5th gen iPod touches

6. Cralfinsam macrumors newbie

Cralfinsam

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

8. 1458279 Suspended

Funny how they have the 5g for the same price on the same page.

9. ACG12 macrumors 6502

They need to give those away for free. Selling the 5th gen at any price should be considered theft of someone's money.

10. 1458279 Suspended

I have the 4th gen and nearly gave up on Apple ever updating the iPT ever again, so I looked at buying a 5th gen. I looked at the refurbs and they were in the $149 range. That was about a month ago. Glad I didn't buy one.

The 4th gen won't do iOS 7 and some apps don't support < iOS 7 anymore.

I hope the sales dropped off a cliff over the last year and pick up like a rocket with this upgrade, maybe then Apple will look again at keeping it alive (just like the Mini).

11. ACG12 macrumors 6502

Upgrading to the A8 chip is def a good indication that they are keeping it for some time. Too bad it didn't get a RAM upgrade. 2gb isn't necessary, but 1.5gb would've been nice.

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Unless someone has connections, no one got one before me. :)

The rep at the Apple Store could not believe I asked for one when the store opened the other day.

13. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

What about the story/rumor in MacRumors a few weeks back that Apple is giving the iPad mini one last update this fall.

14. 1458279 Suspended

If the rumor is that the mini will get an update this fall and it'll be it's last, I would say that's a very bad idea for Apple.

Apple needs to understand that it's not just the profit from sales, but taking sales from others that can break into other markets. Like sports, you have two sides/jobs to a team, one to score points and the other to deny points from the other team.

IMO, there's a strong market for something in the size near the Mini/iPH6+ that doesn't have a phone. The iPadAir and Pro have their markets, but there's room for smaller sizes.

Any business that uses iPad Airs in the office, would like to keep the line in order to keep the same code base. Not to mention the Mini is so much more portable. IMO the Nexus 7 was a great product, was sad to see it gone.

15. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Just got my blue ipt this afternoon. Still getting everything back on it again but so happy I made the purchase. So much faster than my 5th gen ipt and it has a really good camera to boot. Now I have to get a case.

J

16. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

I got my 128gb gold one last night at the Apple Store on 68th & Broadway here in NYC. They had them on display too...but NOBODY was checking them out, so I had the whole section to myself. Heh heh heh. I found it kinda sad actually. Is this a sign that this Will this be the last update for the iPT? I hope not. I love mine. But perhaps the iPT will survive and evolve. Be offered in 4.7" and/or 5.5" sizes. Get better cameras and be the perfect portable photography & gaming device.

For now, Im happy with the 4" size. So portable & stealthy for street photography. I'm so glad they updated the camera. In fact, no matter what size they make future iPods, I hope they keep giving it better & better cameras. It really is a great photographers tool. Not everybody wants a smartphone, or to use their phone as their main camera.