7.0.2 = 5S wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bub0009, Oct 15, 2013.

1. bub0009 macrumors newbie

iphone 5S(sprint) - just got it last week
    Getting ready for work this a.m. i noticed the update(7.0.2) was avaiable. so i thought while in wifi i would get it done. went to grab my phone off the charger and it was dead and won't turn on? has anyone ran into this and if so is there a fix? i am an hour and a half away from an apple store and dont really have the time to mess with that. and i feel liek i should have to with a 5 day old phone...

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hold home and power button at the same time, if it doesn't turn on after about a minute, then other actions may be required.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Are you sure that is charged when on the charger (my wife had the same thing happen once when she plugged it in and it didn't register the charger and ran out of battery over night), and it is not just out of battery? Plug it in to a known good source of power and see if the screen comes in after a little bit showing a battery symbol with red in it.

4. bub0009 thread starter macrumors newbie

i had about 80%when i put it on the charger. it was on the charger when i noticed the available update and ran it. so i know i had a some battery life. when i get home from work i guess i will try and plug it in to my iMac and try and see if it comes on or recognizes it.

5. Altis macrumors 68020

It should have given you the "plug me into a charger" image even on low battery.

Hard reset is all I can think of... Computer won't recognize it if it won't turn on at all. Good luck!

6. bub0009 thread starter macrumors newbie

is hard reset the same for the 5S? Home button + power button and hold for 10 seconds or so? if so no luck there/:mad:

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Did you try for longer than 10 seconds?

8. bub0009 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes - ive tried it for about a minute and 10 seconds actually..

9. bub0009 thread starter macrumors newbie

i had to plug the phone into my iMac/iTunes and it recognized a phone and that it was indeed in 'recovery mode'. So i basically had to set it up like it was new out of the box. i had a good back up on my cloud and was pretty painless. just annoying seeing how it was only a 3 day old phone.
    oh well - back in business.