Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I had the same problem this evening...I thought (hoped) it was just an issue with iMessage on Apple's server end but I guess not. Not good...

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
Do you confirm that resetting network setting require you to enter wifi passwords again ?

Yes it did but I only have three Wi-Fi networks I use...the one at our house, the one at my parent's house and the one at my in-laws' house! :)

donniedarko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Los Angeles
Nothing has worked... network settings, soft reboot. Hard. Lame on all fronts, VERY disappointed, communication is my business. Come on Apple gonna force me back to Blackberry #fml

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Nothing has worked... network settings, soft reboot. Hard. Lame on all fronts, VERY disappointed, communication is my business. Come on Apple gonna force me back to Blackberry #fml

Your business relies on iMessage? Unless you're the iMessage department at Apple, that's not a good thing to admit, hehe

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
All of the "fixes" mentioned are temporary. IMessage will break again. Since roughly 5 pm today I've hard reset my phone 4 times.

This is becoming absolute ********.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

You do realize you can turn off iMessage and send regular text messages right?

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I'm experiencing the problem too, and it's pretty annoying. Still, it's not the end of the world like some people are implying. Just turn iMessage off, use SMS until it gets fixed, and you'll be just fine. Things get trickier if you have a Wi-Fi iPad or an iPod touch, but most people have alternate methods of communication in that case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.