7.0.3 - Still no "Shuffle" within Genres

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rhythmac, Oct 23, 2013.

1. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

Am I the only one who misses shuffling within genres? C'mon Apple, gimme my shuffle back! :eek:

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I am glad that they worked on fixing bugs before worrying about this tho :)

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Search for genre > tap on genre in search results > Shuffle all songs

Yes it's a workaround but it's possible at least.

4. Altis macrumors 68000

The whole direction for the music app is offputting for anything beyond casually just listening to whatever.

I feel worse for the iPod touch users though... that's supposed to be a highlight of the device. :rolleyes:

Denon Audio app seems to be working really well for me. I like the classic layout, dark theme, and play next/add to queue options. Built-in TuneIn radio to boot.

5. me7 macrumors regular

It's almost fraud. They show me an intuitive and practical user interface, let me pay 400€ for it, and then they take it away with a software "update" without any way to install the older software.
    Now I have a device that could store up to 64GB of music, but the more I put on it the more I have to scroll through bloated lists.

6. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Just make genre play lists on itunes then sync your iPod
    Its an easy work around

7. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

It's frustrating.. but the next best thing to do is just make a Smart Playlist that catches your Genre and shuffle that. At least it auto updates with songs.

8. me7 macrumors regular

It's a bit off-topic in this thread, but my frustration actually comes from the moronic artist view. I usually listen to albums, not playlists, and the new artist view is beyond stupid.