7.0.3 update reset some of my settings

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Retired Cat, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I had both iMessage and FaceTime disabled under 7.0.2. Imagine my surprise when I updated to 7.0.3 and unexpectedly discovered that both iMessage and FaceTime were re-enabled.

Wtf.

Can I not trust my previous settings to be retained? It's a PITA to have to check all my settings after each update.

2. sony83 macrumors newbie

Happened to me as well. Plus after the update bluetooth had also strangely come on.

3. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

It was always like that, for bluetooth it is because airdrop was enabled and bluetooth turned on

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Oh dear, life is so hard for some people!

5. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Of course it is not the end of the world, but the OP has a valid complaint. Can you not see that it could possibly be annoying to have settings change after an update? Not only do you have to reset them that one time, you can't trust that your settings will be retained in future updates and will have to spend time checking, regardless of whether the update changed them or not.

6. Retired Cat thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not the inconvenience that bothers me, it's the unexpected behavior of the software. Stuff shouldn't turn back on if I have deliberately disabled it. While I did say this was a PITA, note that I mentioned the issue of trust first.