7.0.4 notification centre UI glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Liebo, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Liebo macrumors regular

Liebo

The yahoo copyright notice text renders behind the text layer on the app behind n my iPad 3 on iOS 7.0.4. Has anyone else noticed this?

Attached Files:

2. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

Normal. That line/logo is supposed to be translucent. You're simply just seeing what's beneath it.

----------

What I find odd is that iOS 7 brings weather info to the iPad notification center, but it still doesn't have a weather app. :confused:

3. Liebo thread starter macrumors regular

Liebo

I don't think it looks normal :/ the logo appears on top of the text but the text is sort of I between the app below and the background of the notification area. I guess as there is no blurring on iPad 3, it's rendering it this way. Still not normal. Hopefully 7.1 fixes it as they are changing this text in it anyway.

There's no weather app but a weather summary in the notification area, as per my screenshot.

4. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

VTECaddict is right about Yahoo being translucent...

Here's a screen grab off my Air. As for the missing weather app... There is a listing in the 'location' settings, but no actual app... Go figure. :-/

Attached Files:

5. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

...d@mn Liebo... And I thought it was cold here! :eek:

6. kolax macrumors G3

Probably because you're using high contrast and Apple didn't make the Yahoo! note different for that theme.

7. Liebo thread starter macrumors regular

Liebo

Mine will be in centigrade :)

----------

iPad 3 doesn't have translucency, turning on high contrast makes notification area have a solid black background.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, basically the difference between translucent and transparent (with darkening involved in this case).

9. hamis92 macrumors 6502

If you have Photoshop, open an image, add a black semi-translucent layer and then text on top of that. Change blending mode of the text layer to Overlay and you'll achieve the exact effect without ever touching opacity controls.

The point of this exercise is to demonstrate, that the translucent text seen in Notification Centre and elsewhere isn't simply normal text with reduced opacity, but fully opaque text with special blending applied.

Attached Files: