• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Liebo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
The yahoo copyright notice text renders behind the text layer on the app behind n my iPad 3 on iOS 7.0.4. Has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 161

VTECaddict

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
Normal. That line/logo is supposed to be translucent. You're simply just seeing what's beneath it.

----------

What I find odd is that iOS 7 brings weather info to the iPad notification center, but it still doesn't have a weather app. :confused:

Comment

Liebo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I don't think it looks normal :/ the logo appears on top of the text but the text is sort of I between the app below and the background of the notification area. I guess as there is no blurring on iPad 3, it's rendering it this way. Still not normal. Hopefully 7.1 fixes it as they are changing this text in it anyway.

There's no weather app but a weather summary in the notification area, as per my screenshot.

Comment

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
VTECaddict is right about Yahoo being translucent...

Here's a screen grab off my Air. As for the missing weather app... There is a listing in the 'location' settings, but no actual app... Go figure. :-/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 96
Comment

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Probably because you're using high contrast and Apple didn't make the Yahoo! note different for that theme.

Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Mine will be in centigrade :)

----------

iPad 3 doesn't have translucency, turning on high contrast makes notification area have a solid black background.
Yup, basically the difference between translucent and transparent (with darkening involved in this case).

Comment

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
If you have Photoshop, open an image, add a black semi-translucent layer and then text on top of that. Change blending mode of the text layer to Overlay and you'll achieve the exact effect without ever touching opacity controls.

The point of this exercise is to demonstrate, that the translucent text seen in Notification Centre and elsewhere isn't simply normal text with reduced opacity, but fully opaque text with special blending applied.

Attachments

• blending.jpg
    blending.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 84
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.