7.0.4 running warm?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Mrawr, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Mrawr macrumors member

Is anyone else experiencing devices running unusually warm since 7.0.4? My iPhone 5 occasionally gets particularly hot after just a bit of use. Never noticed this before. 2nd gen iPad Mini gets hot as well. Anyone else? Any fixes?

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

No such problems here (after a full, clean, downgrading restore from 7.1b1).

3. musicman008 macrumors newbie

How is the performance of 7.1b? Is it better in terms of speed and battery life? And what made you decide to downgrade back to 7.0.4?

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I just wanted to find out whether

- the new HDR saving features are also available on the iPhone 5 (they aren't, unfortunately)

- it's more compatible with my existing pre-iOS7 code. (It turned out to be much more compatible. For example, for iOS7.0.x, I had to explicitly add a [[UIProgressView appearance] setFrame:CGRectMake(X,X,X,X)]; call to some of my UIProgressView's to avoid the system display only the top 1-2 pixels of them. In 7.1, this pre-iOS7 incompatibility is no longer present.)

I have not run in any perf. problems on iOS7.1b1 on my iPhone 5. That is, it seems to be a safe upgrade - and you can safely downgrade.