7.0 WiFi problems?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jaysue, Oct 9, 2014.

1. jaysue macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2011
    Tolleson, AZ
    I noticed after the update to 7.0 i constantly have to restart my Apple TV 3 to get anything to play. After a restart everything works great, airplay, playing movies and so on, but after it sits for awhile, everything is slow to load and sometimes doesn't, after a quick restart everything is fine again, my internet is not the problem, all my other devices work perfect, i did a factory reset and same thing, anyone else have this problem?
  2. Mangos86 macrumors member

Jan 25, 2011
    I've noticed this today as well. Everything else is fine except the Apple TV.
  3. Alrescha, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

Alrescha macrumors 68020

Jan 1, 2008
    No Wi-Fi problems here

I have not noticed any problems with my two ATV3s using an old Airport Extreme (first Gig-E/N version).

Addendum: As a test I streamed a movie locally, from my iTunes collection. It played fine. For a second test, I played a movie from iCloud - no problems encountered.
  4. bliggs macrumors regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Broken Arrow
    Yes, I have had this issue with mine off and on since U6 but it does seem to have worsened with 7. Particularly with Netflix. :confused:
  5. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Jun 19, 2013
    No issues to report since I factory reset my Apple TV because it would not update to 7.0
  6. NukeIT macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2013
    Similar issue. Plus airplay is glitching the audio. have to restart to get the audio to go thru the TV instead of my laptop