7.06/Cydia Crashing Apps

stugotsII

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2014
I have a few apps (Instagram/Tinder) that have been crashing (not able to load) after I updated to 7.06 and jailbroke my phone.

Suggestions?

I've reinstalled all crashing apps and even tried using the apps in safe mode...nada.

BvizioN

macrumors 601
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Fantastic helpful suggestion...... Not.

:rolleyes:
I have to be honest, every time I did jailbreak my phone (never did jailbreak my iPad) I have run on the same or similar problems, after just installing few simple tweaks, to the point that i got sick with it and reverted back.

Sorry I do not have any helpful suggestion, sure someone who is more into Cydia stuff would probably have a solution for you. Good luck.

ajay96

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2013
I have a few apps (Instagram/Tinder) that have been crashing (not able to load) after I updated to 7.06 and jailbroke my phone.

Suggestions?

I've reinstalled all crashing apps and even tried using the apps in safe mode...nada.
It would depend on what you might have installed from Cydia.

stugotsII

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2014
I stayed away form jailbreaking for a couple years now because of how unstable it eventually makes the phone. The more you add the more that can go wrong with it.

It's frustrating because there are some really useful tweaks/add-ons etc...

I ended up reverting back to my non jailbroken backup. It's just not worth the headache at the end of the day.

Prabas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
You asked this question on iOS 7 forum, thus people advised you not to jailbreak your iDevice. If you had asked the same question, you would have gotten another, more likely better answer, than not to jailbreak.

Anyway, try removing all tweaks from Cydia, then reinstall these apps and try using them, if they're not crashing anymore, try adding tweaks one by one, to figure out which one is causing you problems.

tvotony

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2013

Suggestions?

Have you tried ilex rat.? If not do so then try again if it doesn't work go back to stock and see if the problem continues

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Don't jailbreak.
Lol get out of the jailbreak section if that's your advice.

He asked for a suggestion on fixing his problems. I'd wager 99% of jailbreak problems go away when you go back to a factory set up. Easy.
He obviously is looking to solve the problem without removing the features. And, if you reset, I promise 100% of jailbreak problems would go away. so..

Edit- before anyone says anything, sorry! Didn't realize this was originally in the iOS 7 section.

Last edited:

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I have a few tweaks that 7.0.6 broke. Apps will be crashy too.. For any of us that are early adopters of new evasi0n updates. It should be expected when we leap before we look ;)

Look at the bright side bro - your feedback will help initiate the coming fixes! I can not find any tweak that gets rid of the annoying dock background yet. But all in good time...

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
I have a few tweaks that 7.0.6 broke. Apps will be crashy too.. For any of us that are early adopters of new evasi0n updates. It should be expected when we leap before we look ;)

Look at the bright side bro - your feedback will help initiate the coming fixes! I can not find any tweak that gets rid of the annoying dock background yet. But all in good time...
Crap I was going to update, guess I won't yet.

Mdkcheatz

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
the Milky Way galaxy
I'm running jailbroken 7.0 and it's working smoothly. I only had 1 problem which was fixed easily in a day. I can't understand why everyone keeps having issues. Stop going nuts on the unsupported cydia tweaks!

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I can't get Gridlock 2.0 to work after updating to 7.0.6 and rejailbreaking. Also Favorite Contacts 7 and MultTaskingGestures are not showing up in Cydia for me.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I can't get Gridlock 2.0 to work after updating to 7.0.6 and rejailbreaking. Also Favorite Contacts 7 and MultTaskingGestures are not showing up in Cydia for me.
try refreshing sources a few times, or as the person above me said, try using icleaner or icleaner pro

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I jail broke several devices yesterday. As other have mentioned it might be a repo/source issue.

After the jb, some repos were not showing the most current version of apps.
This evening I had 12 upgrades.
The only app that was still giving me issues was recordmyscreen.

There were several AppStore apps that were crashing. Removed those apps and reloaded them, rebooted, and reloaded them.