iPhone 7.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 1984world, May 17, 2014.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Looks like there might be a legit jailbreak for 7.1.1. Wonder if i0n1c will release it. I'm betting not.

2. dhlizard, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Most of the "top tier" hackers responsible for past rounds of jailbreaks (iOS6 & iOS7) may have their phones jailbroken on iOS7.1.x

But those jailbreaks are held to preserve the exploits and will never see the light of day for public release.

Stefen Esser is very talented, doesn't surprise me in the least he has a working jailbreak. That said, there may be others also but they don't advertise it otherwise their Twitter "hate mail" goes ballistic from those demanding a release.

Keep in mind also, the process he and others use to get that jailbreak may be so technical none of us could possibly perform it for ourselves.

Update: Just as I believed, other known "top tier" hackers have their own jailbreaks --> https://twitter.com/winocm/status/467838845866606592

3. 1984world thread starter macrumors 6502

1984world

Esser actually says his process was fairly simple. Not sure if he's bragging or serious. In either case, I think it's best they hold it for ios8 and release it with a new operating system, preferably nice and early like they did with ios7. That was really nice to get a jailbreak from these guys very soon (before xmas) after the ios was released.

4. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Ionic is a clown he craves attention
    There's more chance of apple giving us a jailbreak than his being released.

For Sombody so smart he acts like a 13 year old sometimes

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.
    He would rather sell it to Apple than release a public JB.
    I wouldnt pay much attention to him, he's a worst troll than Kanye West:D

6. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

So what if he doesn't go around releasing jailbreaks. Isn't it cool enough that he shows that it can be done? It must take a hell of a lot of talent to jailbreak these iOS's. We have a 7.0.6 jb, an upgrade to 7.1.1 while a nice want isn't even close to being a need.

Edit: but don't expect a release =P

7. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Its brilliant it can be done and as I said he's a very smart man, but he acts like an idiot for some reason, I think he likes all the attention it creates

Can't understand it at all

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No doubt it's cool and he's good at what he does but he's still a complete self-centered tool.