7.1 control center

steven oreally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Is it just me or does the animations of control center lag? The animation when it opens stutters and the brightness slider does lag, like an input lag and stutters like 10 frames per second.

7.0.x was nearly perfect, now its just crap :mad:

(iPhone4S)

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
No problems on my 4S or 5 either, pretty smooth so far. The update does seem to have improved performance on both devices in general, including any animations (though got reduce motion turned on on the 4S).

Altis

macrumors 68030
Sep 10, 2013
The bounce is way too exaggerated. Even if you slowly pull it up just about to where it settles when fully expanded, then release... it bounces around like you flung it open.

From a company that made fluid motions like that so well for so many years, it's really surprising to see it done so poorly here. Messages and Safari have had excellent physics on their end bumps for ages.

steven oreally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
The bounce is way too exaggerated. Even if you slowly pull it up just about to where it settles when fully expanded, then release... it bounces around like you flung it open.
I agree, it feels 'unnatural' compared to the rest of the system.

BTW:

OTA was the problem.

A clean reset over iTunes fixed the issue. So if others experience this -> use cable and iTunes :)

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
I'm not having any troubles on my 4S. Although, I do find the spring loaded animation to be a little ridiculous in 7.1.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
The bounce effect kind of makes it seem jerky and low fps, on iPhone 5 and rMini.

The momentum scroll on the sliders also stutters.

Merode

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2013
Warszawa, Poland
I think the bounce is too exaggerated compared to the rest of system but I think I can live with it. :p

On the other hand, Control Center seems less translucent or rather more white on my phone, which I really hate. It was the best looking part of UI before bleaching.

Every other change is for the better and 7.1 is a solid realease in my opinion.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
Without unlocking, control center and notification center have a very low FPS.

After unlocking, it's butter smooth.

Everyone, please try control center and notification center while having your phone locked, you'll see the difference.

Scott M

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
Milton Keynes
Without unlocking, control center and notification center have a very low FPS.

After unlocking, it's butter smooth.

Everyone, please try control center and notification center while having your phone locked, you'll see the difference.
Tried it. I am experiencing the same symptoms.

jtorrez

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2014
iPhone 4

On my iphone 4 it is nice very smooth just a little glitch when you open the spotlight search in which I really dont used it I think apple could change that to something else but other than that its alot more quicker on the messages,I wish it had a little more tweaks to it.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Absolutely.
Right? I thought I was the only one, but they've clearly toned it down.

Also, yes Control Center does appear to drop frames (more choppy) when you use it from the lock screen. Once you unlock it and use it it's fine.

----------

I think the bounce is too exaggerated compared to the rest of system but I think I can live with it. :p

On the other hand, Control Center seems less translucent or rather more white on my phone, which I really hate. It was the best looking part of UI before bleaching.

Every other change is for the better and 7.1 is a solid realease in my opinion.

Agreed. The translucency in Control Center was a design choice I was actually looking forward to in other areas of the phone. Now it's close to being gone and it doesn't look good at all.