7.1: Does darker Messages icon = darker green text bubbles?

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
This is rather dumb but I genuinely feel that the colors used throughout some of the apps (Messages in particular) make iOS 7 much less enjoyable to use than iOS 6. The neon colors are so annoying in my opinion. This is just my opinion, I'm not here to bash the new iOS...now for my question:

I understand that they darkened the Messages icon and Phone icon but are the text bubbles or the other green parts within that app also darkened? Anyone with 7.1 care to show screenshot if so?

Thanks for the insight.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is rather dumb but I genuinely feel that the colors used throughout some of the apps (Messages in particular) make iOS 7 much less enjoyable to use than iOS 6. The neon colors are so annoying in my opinion. This is just my opinion, I'm not here to bash the new iOS...now for my question:

I understand that they darkened the Messages icon and Phone icon but are the text bubbles or the other green parts within that app also darkened? Anyone with 7.1 care to show screenshot if so?

Thanks for the insight.
It's only the app icon. Text bubbles haven't changed.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Thank you for the replies. It's a shame. The Messages app, the only app I use daily has become a mixture of hello kitty and clown vomit.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I don't understand what's wrong with iOS 7. I know you said your not here to bash the new OS but dude I love iOS 7. Everything abou it is awesome every day after June 10 when they announced iOS 7 I was on apples web site just starring at it. I just love iOS 7 biut I don't want to see iOS 7s UI come to the Mac.

Seandroid

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Everybody claiming the text bubbles aren't different hasn't actually compared them side by side... they definitely are different. The green is way less neon. It's exactly the same as the greens on the icon.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Do you mind posting a screenshot so I can compare?

Also there are definitely things I like about iOS7..it's just the colors that I don't like..the neon colors that is...overall I think it was a nice change..

Reason077

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2007
Everybody claiming the text bubbles aren't different hasn't actually compared them side by side... they definitely are different. The green is way less neon. It's exactly the same as the greens on the icon.
Aren't the message bubbles blue nowadays anyway? I mean, who doesn't use iMessage? Or Whatsapp if you just *have* to communicate with some Android interloper.

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
This.

I believe the new green will be system-wide. I have not even seen 7.1, but did see the green icon changes and the first thing I thought was that the color change was done because the green is/will be used system wide and the neon they had before was not good as a system wide green. it was too neon and any text over-layed on top of it was less readable.