7.1, Hyundai Elantra, and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ericg301, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

This is a very specific problem, but I'm hoping others can either replicate or fix.

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with Bluetooth. I listen to music on my iPhone via the propriety USB connector, and make calls via Bluetooth.

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1

Before 7.1, if I was listening to music from my phone and got a call, the car automatically switched from the USB (music) connection to the Bluetooth connection. After the call ended, it would switch back. Worked like it should.

But now, since 7.1, whenever I get a call, it answers via Bluetooth, but the MUSIC STILL PLAYS in the background. It sounds like a party line and it's almost impossible to hear the caller.

I've tried repairing my phone's Bluetooth connection.

Thoughts?

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Be glad you can use the USB. I have the 2012 version and the USB port isn't compatible with the lightning cable because of some analog/digital bologna. They updated the implementation in the models starting with yours. :'(

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Does that car support A2D2 streaming? If so, you may have to switch to that.

It would seem that, with any car, the iPhone/Car/Bluetooth/Audio/Calls situation is this: if it's working, enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't think having an Apple "CarPlay" system is going to be any better. If Apple and app developers can't support iOS devices for any longer than they have then you'll be lucky if something you use it for doesn't "break" within a year of buying a brand-new auto.

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Not the first Hyundai to be having issues with iOS7...
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1717375

Wondering if there is an issue with the Hyundai setup because it seems a bit ropey as with the other thread and how you are set up is identical to how my iPhone 5 is connected to my 2010 Vauxhall Insignia. I have it plugged into a USB port in the car which charges and does the music, the phone is automatically recognised as soon as i plug it in, but the phone calls part is connected via Bluetooth and if i get a call or go to make a call from the buttons on the steering wheel all music is cut so all i get is the phone.

5. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I was having the same issue with my 2009 Volvo. Ended up restoring the phone and havent had an issue since.