Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Are the improvements in 7.1 substantial enough for you to make the switch? I don't really see anything new except its improved stability but if you really don't have any problems is it worth losing your jailbreak? I know this is totally subjective but I just want to hear your opinions.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Personally, no- not for me.
I don't have many tweaks on my iPhone, but the ones I do, I wish not to give up.

Will hold out for a (possible) 7.1 jailbreak.
I didn't do this with iOS6 and didn't have a jailbreak for quite awhile. I missed the experience too much to go without again.

(I wish you had created a poll. The results might be interesting. Although I suppose a poll here inquiring vs a poll on the iPhone forum would be quite different.)

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
As of right now, no. I can see down the road maybe. I'm sure to loose it when I get my iPhone 6 though. It will be worth it for a bigger screen.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Are the improvements in 7.1 substantial enough for you to make the switch? I don't really see anything new except its improved stability but if you really don't have any problems is it worth losing your jailbreak? I know this is totally subjective but I just want to hear your opinions.
Fisher Price and Playskool inspired iOS 7.0 was not worth losing my iOS 6.1 jailbreak over, so to bluntly answer the question about 7.1 - no.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You do know with proper WinterBoard themes and a few tweaks you can have 6.1 on steroids with a 7.0.4 jailbreak.

To OP, I wil keep my JB over 7.1:)
Yeah…but I'm lazy. My iPhone has been set up pretty much exactly the way I want it since the middle of 2013. My contract is up in September 2014 and I'll be getting the iPhone 6. So, between now and then I don't particularly care to engage in rearranging things again to suit me just to get it all set and ready by the time I get my new iPhone.

Since I have everything that iOS 7 has via either app or jailbreak tweak I'm content to just enjoy what I have until then. Once the iPhone 6 gets here I'll be doing this all over again then too, so I'd rather just wait.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Personally, no- not for me.
I don't have many tweaks on my iPhone, but the ones I do, I wish not to give up.

Will hold out for a (possible) 7.1 jailbreak.
I didn't do this with iOS6 and didn't have a jailbreak for quite awhile. I missed the experience too much to go without again.

(I wish you had created a poll. The results might be interesting. Although I suppose a poll here inquiring vs a poll on the iPhone forum would be quite different.)

Coincidentally I was asking thinking about creating one, but I don't know how to. If you know how, you can let me know and I'll do it. Yea I guess it doesn't matter too much to me because I'm getting the iPhone 6 but I was just curious about other opinions.

Speedy Gonzalez

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Alligator Bayou
iPhone or iPad ? there is way too many tweaks for iPhone and just a few for iPad I think is worth losing jailbreak on the iPad if you get better stability but not on the iPhone since it makes the whole experience way better

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)
Yeah…but I'm lazy. My iPhone has been set up pretty much exactly the way I want it since the middle of 2013. My contract is up in September 2014 and I'll be getting the iPhone 6. So, between now and then I don't particularly care to engage in rearranging things again to suit me just to get it all set and ready by the time I get my new iPhone.

Since I have everything that iOS 7 has via either app or jailbreak tweak I'm content to just enjoy what I have until then. Once the iPhone 6 gets here I'll be doing this all over again then too, so I'd rather just wait.

Good answer:D

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Until its released and the official release notes are added i'll hold my judgement.

However if its only stability and Uk Siri voice changes..... then nope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.