7-10 stuck pixels...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zerocustom1989, Sep 11, 2007.

1. zerocustom1989 macrumors regular

Recently bought this iphone at At&T. It's one of the 4 GB ones.

I've noticed around 7-10 dead pixels.

Do i take this phone to At&t? or do i take it to the apple store?

Also, will they replace it? or do i need to get it repaired? It doesnt matter if i've purchased apple care yet or not right?

2. KYBOSH macrumors member

If you take it to the apple store I think they will give you a replacement one (refurbished) on the spot. Since they are the support center servicing (troubleshooting and repair) all apple products. I saw a lady come in with her iphone and showed it to the mac genius behind the corner. No receipt or proof of which store she got it from in hand (although Im sure it was in the database). He went in back, tried to restore the image and could not fix the problem. Gave her a replacement within 10 minutes.

Same thing happened when I returned my AppleTV that stopped working.

Taking it to AT&T is asking for irritation.

Good Luck

3. Zathu macrumors regular

Zathu

I guess it depends on what you mean by "Recently". If it is in the store's return policy, I don't see why they wouldn't replace it. You may not be able to get a 4GB at this point, though, and have to pay $100 to get the 8GB. If you're outside their return policy then you'd likely have to go through the 1 year of apple support included.

4. KYBOSH macrumors member

And if they dont have anymore 4gb iphones they just might upgrade ya....

5. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Hurry and take it to the Apple store, they'll give you a new one no questions asked because they dont have a policy on dead pixels yet but try and get there as soon as you can

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Actually, the lack of a policy means it's at the Store manager's discretion. So yes, they could replace her phone even if it had a single bad pixel. Or, the manager could decide that a phone with 76,799 bad pixels is "within spec" because the majority of the screen's pixels are still working.

(Hopefully no manager would actually think the latter, but if there was one who did, there's nothing the customer can really use to challenge him or her).

7. zerocustom1989 thread starter macrumors regular

I bough the iphonet last saturday and noticed a bright white pixel.

This reminded me of the stuck pixel phenomenon and caused me to look for more. I have found, as i said, 9-6 more.

I bought the phone at an AT&T Store because the apple store in my area was closed for remodeling until this saturday.

So i guess i'll hit the AT&T store first, (i really hope they know what to look for[thought it hasnt been 30 days yet]) and then i guess i'll hit the apple store.

(the online store is sold out off 4gbs, i hope the stores can manage to keep some till saturday.)