7.3 is borked

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tuartboy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

First it wouldn't open. It would load and just sit there without loading the interface. It couldn't even be force quit and I had to reboot to kill it.

I killed the plist, trashed the library and repaired permissions and finally got it to load. Sort of.

I can now do everything but see my music. Look at the picture to see what I mean. The window is just blank and there is weird artifacting when moved. I have tried all 3 views (inc. coverflow), restarted and rebooted and nothing has helped.

What the heck? Apple has released a lot of crap recently. This is like the 3rd time in a short while that updating has screwed something up on one of my machines.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Do you have any theme changers or iTunes plugins installed? Does it work normally, or even differently in a new user account?

3. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

My iTunes is acting weird too. As soon as I close it down it just opens back up again. Sometimes it takes a little while but it just seems to open itself up.

4. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

something's probably requiring iTunes to be open. I had this happen with limewire once because it wanted to keep adding stuff to my library in itunes. check your apps to see which one might be using it

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Stuipdboy1000, check to see if you've got any iTunes-related widgets running, 'cause they can often open iTunes randomly and incessantly.

6. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

I had Uno, but I already tried restoring to defaults and it did nothing. I wasn't able to fix it by rolling back to 7.2, but after rolling back and running the 7.3 update again it has loaded both times I have tried.

Here's hoping it's fixed!

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

8. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

Not sure. It's worked probably 90% of the time since the last post.

9. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

In the other 10% of the time, is it behaving like you described in the first post, or is it behaving differently? :)

11. jdechko macrumors 68040

Just wanted to chime in and say I've had a lot of problems with iTunes recently. Version 7.3 on my work machine gave me the library saving area which was fixed by deleting my library and then reimporting it. Now my laptop (7.2) unexpectedlpy quits after opening it. I'm downloading 7.3 now, and I hope this fixes the problem (and there aren't any future bugs). I realize Apple's got a lot on its plate right now what with Leopard and the iPhone, but all of this buggy software is very un-Apple like.