Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Tried to bag a 7+ 128GB Jet Black but was too slow. Delivery time slipped away to 6 weeks with every indecisive second. Ordered a matte black 128GB, delivery time says up to two weeks.

Have a feeling that's optimistic, but finger's crossed.

Did anyone get a Sept 16th Jet black 7+?

Notice too that it's pretty easy to get an iPhone 7 in any colour compared to a 7+

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2009
England
Tried to bag a 7+ 128GB Jet Black but was too slow. Delivery time slipped away to 6 weeks with every indecisive second. Ordered a matte black 128GB, delivery time says up to two weeks.

Have a feeling that's optimistic, but finger's crossed.

Did anyone get a Sept 16th Jet black 7+?

Notice too that it's pretty easy to get an iPhone 7 in any colour compared to a 7+

They were available when I was on the site just before 8am.

Funny thing was, if you went through the big Pre-Order banner on the front page it didn't actually take you to the phone and tariff selection screen as I guess it was not meant to be live yet.
But if you went through their advert for the whole 'Due Soon' thing where you can upgrade after 12 months it took you straight there. Jet Black was definitely available for 16th Sept.

jimmyjoy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
My friend ordered at 8:50am through Carphone Warehouse. 02 upgrade, 128GB Jet Black Plus. £200 down and £45 a month. Delivered launch day. I'm pretty pissed to be honest as I bought mine cash through apple at 8:08 when I could access the store. Ended up with Mat Black and 6-8 days delivery.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Well it's better than my current Vodafone plan! For the same price (before staff discount via a friend which is being axed for me November onwards) I get 10GB with Vodafone.

And whilst it's £65/month six years ago it was £60/month for 1GB data on o2!!

Yeah O2 prices were crazy for years. Only recent starting to calm down a bit. Actually on iD Mobile on my current 6+ Think I'm paying about £5 a month for 2GB :D

Do run out when I forget to switch back to wifi though o_O

Reactions: iGeek2014

murray

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Leeds, UK
Six weeks delivery time for a Plus now.

Gutted.

Anyone know if that's overly cautious and they're likely to deliver earlier? Any history in that?

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Yep! There is precedent with early deliveries - I followed the 6+ launch like a hawk. My Space Grey 6+ came earlier than expected after I had a slipped delivery time for example.

Pretty sure the delivery estimates are worst case scenarios to stop the flood of enquiries. They don't need to overpromise as demand exceeds supply so there's no real competition or benefit there.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I was on the 30GB "upgrade on us" tariff which wouldn't allow me to upgrade until 25/09. I just locked in £480 with envirohone on Wednesday and have done a "normal" upgrade. The trade-in from my handset pays off my device plan and then some.

Tried this at 8.02 and had a 256GB 7 plus silver in my basket for delivery on 16th but the pages started to crash. Had to quit out and do it again and now delivery up to 2 weeks. Thankfully envirofone give you another 7 days if they haven't received your device by about the 12th day of the 14 day period

Reactions: iGeek2014

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
I preordered the 7+ 256gb matte black, did it through the website at about 1pm. Currently got a delivery date of the 23rd.

My other half preordered the 7+ 128gb matte black at the same time. She gas a 6 week lead time. She's not happy!

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I preordered the 7+ 256gb matte black, did it through the website at about 1pm. Currently got a delivery date of the 23rd.

My other half preordered the 7+ 128gb matte black at the same time. She gas a 6 week lead time. She's not happy!

I think the Matte Black 128GB was still available at around 08:05am yesterday morning with o2 but there was a delay on the 256GB variant or something like that.

Liked the colour but I know what I'm like.. Even with a case I'd still manage to scratch it to pieces.

jacklroberts

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2014
Doncaster, UK
I've just been chatting with carphone warehouse and they said this about the iPhone 7+ Jet Black

"That is correct, the stock for the Jet black iPhone is being released on a later date and that is why it will only be delivered on that date."

charlienicholas

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
London
I ordered 2 (one for my fiance and one for me) Her 7 Gold 128GB will be delivered on release day. I got a 256GB Black which i have been given a pickup date instore for a week later. Yet when i look online at the 256GB Black it is showing as having release day availability.

Will O2 move my order up to reflect this? Or do you think I'll still have to wait the extra week?

jtuk

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2014
Anyone here on O2 refresh contract?
Because last year's iPhone release was on the 25th I can get a new phone on the 25th. I have tried to phone them for 2 days about reserving one as was worried about their stock levels but you can't get through on the phone. Yesterday I decided to try the chat. The O2 person said you can only do the refresh upgrade in store but he assured me there will be stock and I can reserve jet black plus in store to collect on the 25th.Today I went to a store in the west end and they said they will have no stock of 7plus! And you can't reserve one when they come in! He said I have to do it on the phone! They handed me a phone which kept me waiting 30 minutes without anyone picking up..I then had to leave. Has anyone here any experience of refresh? It seems new customers can just preorder online but the loyal customers of 12 years plus can't do anything despite having a contract promising upgrade on the 25th. I am furious! They should have a dedicated refresh phone line...surely there are lots of us?!

Smog

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
My jet black 128gb iPhone 7 is still showing as processing with delivery of 26th to 3rd oct. anyone else in the same boat?

Still holding out for some to come available before launch for instore pickup or even on the 17th

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
Anyone here on O2 refresh contract?
Because last year's iPhone release was on the 25th I can get a new phone on the 25th. I have tried to phone them for 2 days about reserving one as was worried about their stock levels but you can't get through on the phone. Yesterday I decided to try the chat. The O2 person said you can only do the refresh upgrade in store but he assured me there will be stock and I can reserve jet black plus in store to collect on the 25th.Today I went to a store in the west end and they said they will have no stock of 7plus! And you can't reserve one when they come in! He said I have to do it on the phone! They handed me a phone which kept me waiting 30 minutes without anyone picking up..I then had to leave. Has anyone here any experience of refresh? It seems new customers can just preorder online but the loyal customers of 12 years plus can't do anything despite having a contract promising upgrade on the 25th. I am furious! They should have a dedicated refresh phone line...surely there are lots of us?!
That deal is crap in a number of ways. I was in the same boat as you so sold my 6S Plus to Game for the exact value of my outstanding refresh amount, paid it off and ordered a new 7plus online for delivery within 2 weeks.
Not only are O2 not holding any stock for people on the annual upgrade, but by the time you get it your anniversary could be in October or November for next year.
I noticed they've taken the insurance out of the deal that was included last year.

Basically, the annual upgrade is a terrible offer, that disadvantages customers on the highest price tariffs. seems a bit back to front to me.

Reactions: jtuk

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
That deal is crap in a number of ways. I was in the same boat as you so sold my 6S Plus to Game for the exact value of my outstanding refresh amount, paid it off and ordered a new 7plus online for delivery within 2 weeks.
Not only are O2 not holding any stock for people on the annual upgrade, but by the time you get it your anniversary could be in October or November for next year.
I noticed they've taken the insurance out of the deal that was included last year.

Basically, the annual upgrade is a terrible offer, that disadvantages customers on the highest price tariffs. seems a bit back to front to me.

Agreed. I would have had to wait until 25/09 to use this annual upgrade even tho I got my 6s on launch day. I chopped in my phone to envirofone for more than my outstanding device plan balance and just did a normal upgrade. Phone arrives in 2 weeks.

The only time the O2 upgrade plan would be worth it is if your outstanding device plan balance was more than the value you could get by trading you phone in elsewhere.
[doublepost=1473627357][/doublepost]http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditi...-and-inclusive-o2-travel-terms-and-conditions

Anyone else pick up on the points in the O2 30GB and 50GB tarriffs that I've not seen before? An additional 40GB of data per month specifically for music streaming, and free roaming data in Europe?

wwe2008

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2008
I'm not on the 12 month refresh contract but locked in my iPhone 6S with envirofone to pay off the remainder of my device plan (£300) and then £60 for a 128GB iPhone 7 in matte black yesterday... So I'm only paying £10's for the privilege. Can you not do this on the 12 month contract and therefore not wait for the date?

jtuk

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2014
I'm not on the 12 month refresh contract but locked in my iPhone 6S with envirofone to pay off the remainder of my device plan (£300) and then £60 for a 128GB iPhone 7 in matte black yesterday... So I'm only paying £10's for the privilege. Can you not do this on the 12 month contract and therefore not wait for the date?

Yes..but would leave one without a phone for a few weeks. Wish I had known more and prepared so then selling phone and paying off the remaining is a much better deal!
[doublepost=1473628430][/doublepost]
Agreed. I would have had to wait until 25/09 to use this annual upgrade even tho I got my 6s on launch day. I chopped in my phone to envirofone for more than my outstanding device plan balance and just did a normal upgrade. Phone arrives in 2 weeks.

The only time the O2 upgrade plan would be worth it is if your outstanding device plan balance was more than the value you could get by trading you phone in elsewhere.
[doublepost=1473627357][/doublepost]http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditi...-and-inclusive-o2-travel-terms-and-conditions

Anyone else pick up on the points in the O2 30GB and 50GB tarriffs that I've not seen before? An additional 40GB of data per month specifically for music streaming, and free roaming data in Europe?
Actually that new travel offer is great for me as I travel to Europe every month! No more having to fear charges! But the additional data I don't really need. Already struggling to use 30gb!

wwe2008

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2008
Yes..but would leave one without a phone for a few weeks. Wish I had known more and prepared so then selling phone and paying off the remaining is a much better deal!
[doublepost=1473628430][/doublepost]
Actually that new travel offer is great for me as I travel to Europe every month! No more having to fear charges! But the additional data I don't really need. Already struggling to use 30gb!

Yeah thats fair enough, I stuck the remainder on my credit card then will send my phone to envirofone as they allow 14 days to send, I do have a work phone but don't want to be without my personal one for too long!

I upgraded my tariff an additional GB for an extra £5 a month and got this EU roaming deal, was surprised that O2 actually offered this. It seemed my contract has got progressively worse since being with them iPhone day 1 and being forced to lose that unlimited data contract!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Yeah thats fair enough, I stuck the remainder on my credit card then will send my phone to envirofone as they allow 14 days to send, I do have a work phone but don't want to be without my personal one for too long!

I upgraded my tariff an additional GB for an extra £5 a month and got this EU roaming deal, was surprised that O2 actually offered this. It seemed my contract has got progressively worse since being with them iPhone day 1 and being forced to lose that unlimited data contract!

If envirofone don't get your phone by about day 11 or 12, they offer you another 7 days via email. I needed to rely on this last year to not spend time without a phone as mine was arriving on launch day, 25/09. Here's part of the email I received last year

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-11%20at%2022.49.49.png

wwe2008

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2008
If envirofone don't get your phone by about day 11 or 12, they offer you another 7 days via email. I needed to rely on this last year to not spend time without a phone as mine was arriving on launch day, 25/09. Here's part of the email I received last year

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-11%20at%2022.49.49.png
Thanks! That's good to know, still haven't got a confirmed date from O2, just been told from the 16th so may need another week!

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
My jet black 128gb iPhone 7 is still showing as processing with delivery of 26th to 3rd oct. anyone else in the same boat?

Still holding out for some to come available before launch for instore pickup or even on the 17th

How can you see it's processing. I don't see any order in my O2 account!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.