$7.99 iPad easel

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by msavwah, Apr 11, 2010.

1. msavwah macrumors 6502

Found this at a craft store, Michaels. Was looking for something at the book store and office depot next door and they had nothing, ended up finding this and its perfect.

I guess it's an easel for.. whatever, well for my iPad now! This thing is perfect for when I'm at my desk and also for using with the Apple case since it doesnt play nice with the Apple dock. This is even better for me, and cheaper!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      92 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      82.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Surely Guest

Surely

The hooks at the bottom look a little sharp......

Is it metal or plastic?

Is it totally stable, or can it easily tip over?

3. msavwah thread starter macrumors 6502

It's metal and the edges are sharp but they dont come in contact with the screen. They only touch the Apple case. There was also a wooden one there, and a black plastic one. I had to go with the aluminum look of course, and its perfectly safe, and very very sturdy. It's not going anywhere, and its at the perfect angle. It probably doesnt appear as solid as it is due to the camera view, speaking of camera trickery...

Attached Files:

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Yikes..... you should put some foam or rubber on the parts that make contact with the iPad..... eventually, markings may appear from the contact.

5. Diet Pepsi macrumors member

Mine is acrylic and there are no sharp edges. I got it at office depot.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Nah thanks, i spent $550+ for my iPad so i want something that fits and protects it like the Twelvesouth BookArc :p

7. Surely Guest

Surely

$40 for a curved piece of plastic? I'll take the $7.99 piece of aluminum that does the exact same thing and looks pretty good to boot, thank you....

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It's aluminum as well. And you have the comfort of 4 different positions.

9. mrcc macrumors regular

for $500 dollars. the sharp edges isnt going near my ipad sorry i would rather buy something plastic.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Some of these accessories have the potential to add up to be more than the cost of the iPad. I should have been an Apple accessory manufacturer.......

11. msavwah thread starter macrumors 6502

I was actually looking for the bookarc and ended up with this.

Btw sharp was a bad word for me to use to describe this, thin would be accurate, and it's important to note that this works great as a combo with the apple case or something similar that you won't be taking off or using an apple dock with.

This thing does no damage to the iPad in anyway, it makes contact only with the case and only in four very small spots doing no damage or scratching on the case even.

It allows me to dock in portrait and landscape, saves me from buying an apple dock that costs more than three times as much with half the function and actually saves wear and tear on my case by being able to leave it on. I also think it looks great next to my mini, takes up minimal desk space while also providing a nice angle for typing on beside my desktop.

I did myself a huge favor buying this thing.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

Nice dude, thanks for the tip..... I'm gonna pick one up the next time I'm near a Michael's.......

I think I can mod it a little with a little rubber or foam for added protection.

It would be great on the coffee table when I want to watch a short video....

13. msavwah thread starter macrumors 6502