7+ battery Life vs 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Sep 25, 2016.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

It seems slightly better after a week of use. Almost negligible also after 10.0.2 it may need some adjustment.

One weird thing Inam noticing is that the gauge drains much faster 100-> 90 thans the 6S plus. anyone else notice that?

Maybe more accurate as 100% can be anywhere from 95-100 the way ios has reported it in the past and the time it takes to go from 100-> 99 is not that accurate either.

2. smarks90 macrumors regular

I'm struggling with this as well. I still have a perfectly functional 6S+ and I have a few more days to return 7+ if I want to. It definitely seems to drain faster than the 6S+ did/does. I have been doing some back and forth SIM swapping this last week just to make sure it wasn't a mental thing and impacted by me constantly checking usage/battery drain.

I even went so far as to ditch my setup I've had in place since iPhone 5 and restore and start fresh this morning (what a PITA!!). It might be a little bit better but it's still not as good as 6S+ was.

I too have always noticed that 100>99 is about the same time as 95>90 it seems like. never worried me before because 99>98>97>96>95 took me most of the morning. now it's a half hour or so to hit that low. I definitely hear the "coil whine" and the videos I record also have some added static/"hissing" (as some have called it) too over the 6S+... may return this unit and wait for SIM free.

out of curiousty, are you on the AT&T/Tmobile version or the Verizon/Sprint version? I'm starting to wonder if the new Intel modems they put in the AT&T/Tmobile version don't handle things as well as the old Broadcom modems did in the 6s+ and previous phones....just a theory with nothing to back it up (yet)

3. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

att version. dont think it has much to do with that but of course not sure. noticed it in airplane mode as well with wifi on. its overall better just the 100 to 90 is so much faster