Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
It ok Bill Gates is going to depopulate the world with his vaccines, google it if you don't believe me.

Aren't conspiracy theory's fun.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
As we cram more people into smaller areas, natural disasters will start to kill more people per square mile than they are right now. Especially when we start to populate areas that aren't ideal (i.e. near fault-lines, or near half extinct volcanos etc).

I guess at some point in the future, there'll be some horrific disasters that'll bring the human population down significantly. Whether they are government induced or a natural disaster is open for debate!

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Wow, I remember when we reached 6 billion, that was a number of years ago. Exponential growth! We'll only be increasing our pressure on our world. The next few generations of humans will be our most important, because this is the era that will determine wether or not we survive, or go extinct. Seriously. Think about it. It's important.

Daffodil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
In a sunny state of mind
Wow, I remember when we reached 6 billion, that was a number of years ago. Exponential growth! We'll only be increasing our pressure on our world. The next few generations of humans will be our most important, because this is the era that will determine wether or not we survive, or go extinct. Seriously. Think about it. It's important.

I think saying we'll go extinct is a little over-dramatic, unless you're implying by nuclear war or something...

If we're talking just population, I'd say the worst case is more like going way over carrying capacity, then massive human suffering from starvation, etc. before crashing down to a more sustainable long-term level. Not saying that isn't bad, but extinction, it ain't...

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
Ehhh... 7 billion people isn't THAT bad. It's a nice big planet after all.

If we could just get along with each other and maybe not mess up the planet on purpose, we should be fine! *

Only one teensie little problem.....
We DON'T gets along with each other and some fool or other is extremely likely to mess up the planet on purpose! :eek:

Maybe 2012 really is going to go blooey? :confused:

*- "fine" = "not dead"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.