7 day old Macbook Pro hinge problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jeremiah239, Apr 4, 2010.

1. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Hi I have a 7 day old Macbook Pro 13" 2.26GHz and sometimes when I open the screen I hear a click noise coming from the right side of the hinge it happens about half way open and some times when I pick it with the screen open it doesn't happen all the time it was doing it about 30 mins. ago but as I type this its not doing it. Should I take it to the Apple store tomorrow or should I keep an eye on it and see what happens?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4. jeremiah239 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Ok thanks I'm just worried that I will drive all the way to the Apple store and it won't do it and if I can't reproduce the problem in front of them they won't do anything to fix it, correct?

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yeah, you might have trouble if you can't reproduce it, but if you explain how far you drove, they might be willing to work with you.

6. jeremiah239 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Ok thanks I will try.

7. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

r.j.s is right about their customer service. I live in Bakersfield and LA is the closest city to me with an apple store, which is about a 1.5 hour trip. I took my old MBPpr for service on the DVD drive. The team member was awesome. He told me he would bump my mac up the line for service because I lived far from the store. It was great.
    Go to the store.