7 days wait on ibook and 7-10 days on Mini!!

Willy S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Apple Europe store will not ship any base iBooks og Minis for the next seven days!

Crossing my fingers. :rolleyes:

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Looks like a good sign, but shipping times int he US store are still same day, maybe that will change soon though,

SHadOW :)

Willy S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
timmyb said:
The US iBooks have 7-10 days when BTO.
They might just have few in stock. :rolleyes:

At least I find it strange that BOTH Minis and iBooks won´t be shipped from Apple next 7 days.

THX

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2005
Well, it's been 5-7 days in Canada for some time now. Most likely low supply, as seen by Apple's reported record breaking portable sales for the previous quarter.

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
This is a quote from an AppleInsider article published just before WWDC.

"While the Mac mini is due to gain a bit more RAM and potentially the long-lost iPod dock, sources have only commented on slightly redesigned iBooks said to be making the rounds on the west coast. If Apple fails to refresh either of these products next week, it could be almost a month before the company makes any moves."

Updates next week would fit in with this.

brianus

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2005
timmyb said:
This is a quote from an AppleInsider article published just before WWDC.

"While the Mac mini is due to gain a bit more RAM and potentially the long-lost iPod dock, sources have only commented on slightly redesigned iBooks said to be making the rounds on the west coast. If Apple fails to refresh either of these products next week, it could be almost a month before the company makes any moves."

Updates next week would fit in with this.
WWDC was well over a month ago, so even Appleinsider's "worst case" has proven to be overly optimistic. And we had shipping delays like this a month ago, so all in all I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

What's the "long-lost iPod dock"? Some sort of recess on the top of the Mini or something? There's no room for that.. and I'd be pretty pissed off if they included such a useless, ugly feature instead of what's really needed, namely vram and HDD speed upgrades.

Willy S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2005
I think Apple will update the Mini and the iBook at the same time and the delay is at the same time, so... :D