7-Eleven Offering Free AirPods to First 500 Customers Who Place $50 Order in 7NOW App Tomorrow

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 24, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

7-Eleven has announced that it will offer a free pair of second-generation AirPods with a wired charging case to the first 500 customers who place a $50 order through its 7NOW delivery app for iOS and Android on Thursday, July 25.

[​IMG]

7NOW app users will receive a push notification revealing when the flash deal begins, and it will also be announced on 7-Eleven's social media accounts, according to 7-Eleven's website. The first 500 eligible customers who place an order totaling at least $50 before sales tax will qualify for free AirPods.

AirPods will be available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last, so placing a $50+ order does not guarantee that you will receive a free pair. The offer is limited to U.S. residents who are at least 18 years of age.

Winners will receive an e-mail from 7-Eleven within 72 hours to claim their AirPods. Delivery is estimated to take 4-6 weeks. Here are the full rules.

7NOW delivery is only available in select markets.

(Thanks, Jason!)

Article Link: 7-Eleven Offering Free AirPods to First 500 Customers Who Place $50 Order in 7NOW App Tomorrow

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I'm guessing if I even wanted $50 of something from 7-Eleven I would not get the AirPods.

3. cannono macrumors 6502

cannono

Great - known about this all week and now MacRumors just ruined my chances of being first!

4. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

A Slurpee for you and one for your friend, plus a couple Mars bars... that's $50 right there!

5. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

25 2 liters of Coke...

I'll use it in about a years time... hmmm...

6. MatthewUT44 macrumors member

First 500 orders will be from bots I guarantee. The others will make 7/11 free money

7. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Well, it’s not available in my city anyway so I guess I couldn’t participate even if I wanted to.

A clever marketing tactic for sure.

8. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Why do people say crap like this?

The first 500 orders will most likely be legit people who know about this. How many people will know about this and try to do it? Probably at least 50,000 people. Your odds will be less than 1% by clicking on the link immediately when it comes up.

I've got Olive Garden pasta passes for 4 of the 6 years so far, while many people claim it's a scam. I just have like 4 browsers open on different devices, click immediately, and 1 of the 4 comes through for me, while the other 3 say 'sold out' or 'waiting room'. (2 years all 4 browsers said 'sold out' the instant the passes came available).

People don't understand how low the odds are, so when they or their friends don't get an offer (which the odds say they most likely won't), they call scam right away.

It's possible that it might take a few seconds to sell out because (a) it's not free and (b) not everyone wants AirPods or has them. (I already have AirPods and will not be trying for this offer).

9. MrGuder macrumors 68030

It will be snipe bidding just like eBay!! Regular people will not be able to even bid on this offer.

10. MisterSavage macrumors 65816

MisterSavage

Ooof. If they gave an indication as to whether or not you would be getting the airpods I would absolutely try for it.

11. dmylrea macrumors 68030

dmylrea

10 people per state, then GONE! Should take about 15 seconds.

12. codydale macrumors member

codydale

13. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

14. DonutHands macrumors regular

DonutHands

$50, hmm, thats only 12 40oz Mickeys, or should i mix it up with some Steel Reserve?

15. Dionte macrumors 6502a

Dionte

Delivery not available in my area, if that’s the case your chances might be high if delivery areas are very limited.

16. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

First off, I don’t what I would buy at 7-11 that would total that much money. I don’t drink. And it’s not like they really have the stuff I buy normally.

But secondly, if I spent $50 there just to get the airpods and didn’t (likely scenario) I would be pissed! So no thanks. Hard pass. :cool:

18. MisterSavage macrumors 65816

MisterSavage

Same here. I'd have a really rough time spending $50 even though I enjoy Slurpees!

19. JosephAW, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019

JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

I'm looking for the "no purchase necessary" clause. Don't they have to require that?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 24, 2019 ---
    Wait, the closest 7-Eleven is 20 miles away!
    Never mind, the "create account" link on the app is just a blank white page. Delete.
    It's probably doing more harm to their brand than helping.

20. lamanzana macrumors newbie

FYI, from their Tems and Conditions in case you are thinking of returning something:

“8. Cancellations; Refunds

You cannot make changes to, or cancel, an Order once it is placed. If you are dissatisfied with any Products in your Order, please contact us at 800-255-0711. We reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, issue a refund or replacement products, or take no action.”

21. durvivor macrumors member

I predict, that the 7-11 servers will not keep up. Why after example after example of how hard this is would a company try it?

First thousands of folks will begin creating accounts. Assuming (ass you me) 7-11 has spun up extra servers.., maybe it’s ok.

But how do they handle counting? Can’t have multiple distributed databases with eventual consistency if you want to stop giving out gifts at 500. Is the DB in Washington? Good luck winning from the east coast!

But did 7-11 talk to there credit card servicer? Are they ready for a sudden huge influx in orders?

22. stainless macrumors member

stainless

How many got there order in? I got mine in within 10 secs of the notification, interested in seeing how quick others got it in and if they won a pair.

23. lamanzana macrumors newbie

I believe the notification said the promotion would start at 7 pm EST. If true, you placed your order too soon.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 25, 2019 ---
    I am not sure that many folks will budge. Since you cannot return the items, this is sort of a $50 entry fee with very low chances of winning. And they won't tell who won immediately, I guess later they will simply look at the timestamp of the transactions and select the first 500, but there will probably be thousands of order. More than enough in profits to coupe the cost of the 500 Airpods.

24. cannono macrumors 6502

cannono

Yikes. The notification says it starts at 7pm EST.

25. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Such “prize” scams are around for a couple of years already, so people are automatically sick of such low chance prizes.