7 Gen iPod Armband

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SoonerStud, Sep 15, 2008.

1. SoonerStud macrumors newbie

I'm wanting an armband for my 7th gen ipod. I imagine an armband for the 6th gen 80 would work, but I only have one for the 5th gen. Any word on apple making armbands for the classic? There's none on their website listed.

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

The new 120g Classic is the exact same size as the previous 80g Classic. So any case, armband, etc... would work.

3. Cask Guest

How did you get a 7th gen iPod???? The current classic is nothing more than a capacity upgrade/downgrade, and support for earphones with mic. That alone is not worthy of getting a new gen title. Hell I wouldn't even call it a 6.5 G iPod, it is the same device it was before.

4. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Apple will never make an armband for a hard drive base iPod like the classic, because they don't reccomend running with them.

But any 30GB 5th gen or 80GB classic armband will fit perfectly.

5. SoonerStud thread starter macrumors newbie

bo. look at things first. websites like amazon are considering it 7th gen. sorry it's not up to your standards, but if you want to speak, think first.

I called apple to check on dimensions just ot make sure, and they said that the newest one is slightly smaller in dimensions then the last one. Still fine. that does bring up my next question though, tom. Will running with it mess it up? I thought about that. I've always worked out with it, but that was either biking (will that have the same affect?), treadmill, or lifting. Is running liable to mess it up?

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Well it has a hard drive in it, and you don't exactly want to put too much stress on it.

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

QFT. If 'Gen' means capacity bump, the current iPod classic would be about the 12th Gen.