7 Inch Note III?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by John55455, Mar 14, 2013.

1. John55455 macrumors member

Wouldn't a 7 inch Note III be awesome. The bigger screen would be better for writing using the S-Pen and it would be able to fit more widgets. That'd make it a really competitive phone IMO.

And maybe even an 7.5-8 inch for the Note IV!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

In your opinion 'yes'....

For many other folks (read majority) I'd hazard a strong guess at 'no'.........

3. identity macrumors 6502

The Note 8.0 can be used as a phone if someone is intent on using it as a phone/tablet. It sounds like that fits your needs.

4. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

At 7 inches it well and truly leaves the "phone" part of "Phablet". I can pocket my 7 inch Nexus 7 tablet but it's not comfortable, I wouldnt want to sit down because it stretches.

At that size it ceases to be very convenient as a phone. Especially holding it up to your face.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

6. Skika macrumors 68030

Samsung Note is NOT a phone.

Its a tablet with phone capabilities.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The note 2 is great. I say keep that size for a while. 7 inches, even with a thin bezel, is not nearly as portable as anything called a phone needs to be. I can't imagine carrying my nexus 7 around in my pocket, and I'm not going to start using a man purse just to accomodate a ridiculously sized phone.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Get a plane ticket to Korea and tell Samsung that they don't know what the f they are doing. Help them rewrite all their press releases where they are erroneously calling it a smartphone.

[​IMG]

9. Skika macrumors 68030

LOL, i dont care what Samsung's marketing is saying(or anyone else for that matter). For me, the Note, is NOT a phone.

10. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

Not even close. Try harder.

11. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

From the latest, the Note III is going to be 5.9 inches. For me, this is still a very usable phone. With the S-pen, the extra screen real estate is welcome.

12. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

If they manage to enlarge the screen without expanding the footprint of the whole device much, I'm all for it.

13. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

14. AppleNexus macrumors newbie

This is what I'm holding out for. The S3 to S4 size change makes me think this is a possibility.

15. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Yes, and I think this will happen.

16. kiltedthrower macrumors regular

No. 7" wouldn't be comfortably portable in the pocket. If they can keep the same size of tugger phone and increase the screen, awesome. If not, I'll be finding a new phone come upgrade time

17. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

if they were to make the Note 2 w/o ANY bezel at all, what screen size would that be?

Note 2's physical size is about what I could personally tolerate at this point in time.. But then again, that's what I said about galaxy nexus when it first came out. :O

18. Orlaam macrumors member

What I find funny about all these new phones, smartphones started out small then got larger and are increasing to enormous sizes. Soon they'll be 7 inches and that's ridiculous. On the other hand, people have traded home computers for laptops, and the home computers people are buying are confined to a tiny box over those large towers.