7+ iUp reservation switch to 2 Year Contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skyegreen424, Sep 30, 2016.

1. skyegreen424 macrumors newbie

skyegreen424

Have people still been able to order through the iUp, and then switch to something else (such as the 2 year contract) when you get to the store? I'm just wondering, this is the closest I've gotten to getting this phone so far.

2. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

That I don't know. Have you tried Target, I hear a lot of people are getting there iPhones there.

3. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I have twice. Reserved through IUP which was shown on the confirmation. Then when I got to the store I asked to purchase it under carrier installments. I actually was able to to it twice. The second time the guy had the iPhone the store uses to enter purchases down on the table while he worked. After he scanned the phone at some point there was a screen that offered IUP or Apple installments. But at the bottom of that screen he was able to click on an option for other offers. On the next screen an option to buy on a 2-year contract, buy with installments, and buy outright came up.

4. skyegreen424 thread starter macrumors newbie

skyegreen424

Oh, cool! I'll definitely be going later to pick it up, I hope that all goes well for this!

5. skyegreen424 thread starter macrumors newbie

skyegreen424

I was turned down, unfortunately. :( The wait continues...

6. 1981d macrumors 6502

Just buy it in the Apple Store app and select in store pick up. It is the same thing as an I-UP reservation, but no hassles about form of payment. I did it for ATT Next and for full price, and it worked like a charm. The app and the reservation system are utilizing the same inventory, I don't know why ppl are using the I-UP reservation when buying with the app (or online) gets you the same thing, just the way you want it.

7. MsRandall macrumors 65816

MsRandall

I used the IUP reservation for pickup earlier today got approved but thought I could use my debit card - The genius changed to Verizon bill and I was out the door with my sons birthday present in 28 mins

8. skyegreen424 thread starter macrumors newbie

skyegreen424

Sadly they never show up on that website, but they show up on iUp.

9. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

How do you buy in the app. Could not find the option.

10. 1981d macrumors 6502

In the Apple Store app, select shop. The choose the iPhone model you want and be sure to select in-store pick up.