Carrier 7+ Jet Black AT&T App/Online Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewdestinyX, Sep 20, 2016.

1. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

The 7+ Jet Black (128,256) Date Change thread was getting too wide an audience mixed with all carrier ordering and Apple Store ordering and UPS Zhengzhou, blah, blah blah.. And then people would refer to ATT and what they meant was an ATT PHONE from Apple store with ATT bands in it.. And 100 posts or more an hour... too much to sift through..

So I'm hoping this thread will target those of us ATT APP and ONLINE PREORDERED PEOPLE ONLY!!

It's okay if you want to discuss your bailing with ATT and moving to Apple - but please no 'order updates' from Apple Store or Verizon or Sprint or TMobile. ONLY Jet Black 256 and 128 ordered from AT&T App or Online from PreOrder night..

We want your shipping updates. Is this phone still a UNICORN like I've heard tell of? Some of you with 256's - have you gotten your shipment yet?

Like many of you I ordered 20 minutes before pre-order started - and still have PFS (Prepare for Shipping).

Most of us will be getting shipments from FedEx except in Central Tennessee area where they use UPS for ATT shipments.. Is there an equivalent tool to UPS' My Choice for us to check on with FedEx to see if our packages have any movement? Or is it all moot until we get the 'shipped' email from AT&T.. This thread will be easier to follow with the focus I've given it in the title..

What's happening out there?!?

2. Elyphant macrumors regular

Elyphant

I just called att i have estimated shipping dates of 9/30-10/7 for a plus jet black 256 gb and they said they cant even guarantee those dates that it might be 30-50 days. WTF

3. NewdestinyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly… Absolutely maddening. Why don't they change our shipping estimates to the word "back ordered".. As that would be most accurate. Apple store and online is clearly hogging the most of these babies as they come out of China. AT&T is the largest of all the carriers and so we'll be first in line but Verizon also has some very sneaky deals they're able to do. So it's all a crap shoot at this point..

4. Alssetna macrumors member

Alssetna

Ordered 2 256 +'s Jet Black. Shipping window of 9/30 to 10/7. No uodates at all so far.

5. Elyphant macrumors regular

Elyphant

Im on my moms account and im about to open up my own temporary att line until my jet black phone gets here and use that new line to get a regular plus black one LOL then return it when i get my att order

6. killaz05 macrumors member

killaz05

Had my ATT store rep. friend preorder a 128GB Jet Black Plus and I have a preparing for shipment since he placed the order on 9/9 but my dates are 10/28-11/4 :(

7. NewdestinyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ely,
    I did this last year, after pre-ordering a 6S and realizing I really wanted a 6SPlus. Went to a local ATT Store and they have a SpaceGray 64Gb 6SPlus in stock. Of course I had to order it on a new number because my own number was tied up with the 6S pre-order. It was REALLY hard unraveling my account later and getting that number turned off. Remember too that you only have 14 days to return a phone and there's the $35 restocking fee. And I was still charged for that new number for 2 months before I got everything unraveled. If you want to go that route I'd suggest just upgrading another phone on Mom's account. Are there any other phones upgrade eligible on Mom's account? It's easier getting a phone number back to upgradable status after a phone return than it is to get rid of a new number.

8. white_horse macrumors member

white_horse

Ordered:
    128GB 7 Jet Black 9/9 4:00:58AM EDT - cancelled ordered (ordered matte black 7+ instead on 9/18)
    128GB 7+ Jet Black 9/9 4:16:58AM EDT

Both were with shipping estimates of 10/14-10/21 and the non-canceled ordered is still sitting at preparing to ship, processing, or in progress depending on where you check.

9. Elyphant macrumors regular

Elyphant

Yup my moms line is eligible but I don't wanna mess with her line lol.

10. NewdestinyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

So no movement from our crowd here? No changes this week?

11. Xyrm macrumors member

Thinking of just getting the Matte Black if it's going to take 30-50 days.

12. NewdestinyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it's actually going to take the whole period of the delay they mentioned on preorder night. Unbelievable. Epic fail, Apple!