Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I'm enjoying my 7+, but am having some issues which I wanted to see if there were fixes. It seems to lag at times, like that weird slowdown/stutter I'm used to seeing on Samsung phones. I've also had apps completely freeze on me, I press the screen and nothing happens. Sometimes they freeze for a very long minute or 2, and other times they stay frozen. The phone still works, and I can force quit the app, but when I restart the app sometimes it does the same thing. So far it's done this with the camera app, google voice, waze and Audible, no idea if there is any unifying factor. This is on 10.0.3, although I'm tempted to install 10.1 and see if that improves it any.

On a good note my Verizon connectivity issues are much better on 10.0.3, so that's a good thing.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
This is on 10.0.3, although I'm tempted to install 10.1 and see if that improves it any.

Well... yeah! Definitely update! 10.1 has a wealth of bug fixes. "Update to the latest OS" is only bad advice if you're talking about a jump to a new version. Patch it to 10.1 and see how it is!

Reactions: spinedoc77

fuzzy b

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2006
I'm having the app freezes on 10.1. My wife was having the phone "app" freeze when she was dialing numbers on her 7, which was still on 10.0.3 at the time.

So far, Pandora seems to be the worst for freezing. It has occurred several times.

MetalMatt24

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
I'm having the app freezes on 10.1. My wife was having the phone "app" freeze when she was dialing numbers on her 7, which was still on 10.0.3 at the time.

So far, Pandora seems to be the worst for freezing. It has occurred several times.

I just got a 7 plus and the Bluetooth in my new truck works buts it's laggy and slow
Wasn't like that on my 6s Plus no lag at all
I'm
Rather annoyed with this new iPhone 7

fatalogic

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
I'm enjoying my 7+, but am having some issues which I wanted to see if there were fixes. It seems to lag at times, like that weird slowdown/stutter I'm used to seeing on Samsung phones. I've also had apps completely freeze on me, I press the screen and nothing happens. Sometimes they freeze for a very long minute or 2, and other times they stay frozen. The phone still works, and I can force quit the app, but when I restart the app sometimes it does the same thing. So far it's done this with the camera app, google voice, waze and Audible, no idea if there is any unifying factor. This is on 10.0.3, although I'm tempted to install 10.1 and see if that improves it any.

On a good note my Verizon connectivity issues are much better on 10.0.3, so that's a good thing.
I also got my iPhone recently and have similar issues. It's pretty frustrating because everyone talked up how fast iOS is but I haven't been seeing it outside game performance. The freezing issue is especially bad but I think it might be app related and not iOS related because it has only happened in specific apps for me.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I also got my iPhone recently and have similar issues. It's pretty frustrating because everyone talked up how fast iOS is but I haven't been seeing it outside game performance. The freezing issue is especially bad but I think it might be app related and not iOS related because it has only happened in specific apps for me.

Yeah I've just come to accept it, all phones lag to a certain extent. It must be iOS10 and hopefully will smooth out over time, but it still surprises me that I have more issues on my 7+ than with Android phones.

Reactions: fatalogic

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2015

My 7+s were freezing during the first 2 weeks of using them. Now, they're both running smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.