7+ leather "wallet case"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. Q, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Mr. Q macrumors newbie

This is my first + phone and I kinda wanted to get a good quality leather wallet case.. Do you guys have any brand recommendations on what to get or avoid. Thanks

2. yankeebobo macrumors regular

yankeebobo

Vaja cases have received some good reviews. I’ve thought about them a few times. Its a case that isn’t one to buy for annual phone changes.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

4. Mr. Q thread starter macrumors newbie

Expensive?
    Thank you for the reply... How does it hold up for drops?

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Honestly, I've never dropped any iPhone I've owned. With that being said this wallet case does have cushioning (the leather itself). Oddly enough it feels and smells great for not being all that expensive.

6. yankeebobo macrumors regular

yankeebobo

7. airjay75 macrumors regular

I used one of the Kavaj wallet leather cases on my Plus for awhile - the Dallas model, I believe. I definitely liked it - very nice looking and pretty affordable. But, I still thought it was lacking in protection compared to some of the more robust cases out there. In general, I think leather cases tend to offer a minimum level of protection. They look fantastic, but offer less protection than various plastic/rubber like options out there.

8. mzsigler macrumors regular

9. Mr. Q thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your in-depth post... I will def check them out.

10. yankeebobo macrumors regular

yankeebobo

This..... The biggest reason I still lean on a case like otterbox. Not as elegant but I can be a bull in a china shop.

11. colsandersloveskfc macrumors newbie

12. Intenost macrumors member

Intenost

I used a wallet case with my 6S+ for a while. The case was fine, but it made an already large phone even more bulky, and it was unwieldy to pull it out and open it to check something or do a simple task. Went back to the Apple leather case which doesn't protect the phone as much (certainly not the screen unless you use a screen protector) but I'm much happier using and handling the phone. It's a personal choice, but something to consider.

13. Haziza macrumors member

Haziza

Check out Sena they make some awesome leather products for the iPhone 7. Been using cases from them for years!

14. Mr. Q thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't find one I love yet...

Does it annoy you having to hold the wallet flap while taking a picture?

15. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

16. Mr. Q thread starter macrumors newbie

17. DallasManic Suspended

VAJA Cases charged too much . i made a review for a leather case , which you can take a look

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/full-grain-leather-case-for-iphone-7-plus-review.1994334/

18. nutmac, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

nutmac macrumors 68040

I ordered Otterbox Strada for my wife's silver 7 Plus. Unfortunately, it's backordered tile October 7.

I saw one for iPhone 6/6S Plus and I really loved the craftsmanship. And I like that it covers all four sides, including top and bottom (which is important if you keep the phone inside the bag with other items).

It's a tad bulkier than I would like but it's not as bulky as Otterbox's heavy duty cases.