Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Q

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
This is my first + phone and I kinda wanted to get a good quality leather wallet case.. Do you guys have any brand recommendations on what to get or avoid. Thanks

Mr. Q

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
How does it hold up for drops?

Honestly, I've never dropped any iPhone I've owned. With that being said this wallet case does have cushioning (the leather itself). Oddly enough it feels and smells great for not being all that expensive.

Reactions: Mr. Q

airjay75

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
I used one of the Kavaj wallet leather cases on my Plus for awhile - the Dallas model, I believe. I definitely liked it - very nice looking and pretty affordable. But, I still thought it was lacking in protection compared to some of the more robust cases out there. In general, I think leather cases tend to offer a minimum level of protection. They look fantastic, but offer less protection than various plastic/rubber like options out there.

Reactions: yankeebobo

Mr. Q

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I used one of the Kavaj wallet leather cases on my Plus for awhile - the Dallas model, I believe. I definitely liked it - very nice looking and pretty affordable. But, I still thought it was lacking in protection compared to some of the more robust cases out there. In general, I think leather cases tend to offer a minimum level of protection. They look fantastic, but offer less protection than various plastic/rubber like options out there.

Thank you for your in-depth post... I will def check them out.

yankeebobo

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2014
Somewhere in my head
This..... The biggest reason I still lean on a case like otterbox. Not as elegant but I can be a bull in a china shop.

Intenost

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Boston, MA
I used a wallet case with my 6S+ for a while. The case was fine, but it made an already large phone even more bulky, and it was unwieldy to pull it out and open it to check something or do a simple task. Went back to the Apple leather case which doesn't protect the phone as much (certainly not the screen unless you use a screen protector) but I'm much happier using and handling the phone. It's a personal choice, but something to consider.

Reactions: mastercheif91

Haziza

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Sweden
Check out Sena they make some awesome leather products for the iPhone 7. Been using cases from them for years!

Mr. Q

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I can't find one I love yet...

Does it annoy you having to hold the wallet flap while taking a picture?

DallasManic

Suspended
May 2, 2016
Id like it a lot if it had an id slot but love the leather color
Its a wide range of pricing. Some are simple back covers and some are wallets. And many in between. Hand made leather. Not for everyone but for those keeping their phone a while with some additional crafting.
http://www.vajacases.com/collections/iphone-7-leather-cases

VAJA Cases charged too much . i made a review for a leather case , which you can take a look

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/full-grain-leather-case-for-iphone-7-plus-review.1994334/

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I ordered Otterbox Strada for my wife's silver 7 Plus. Unfortunately, it's backordered tile October 7.

I saw one for iPhone 6/6S Plus and I really loved the craftsmanship. And I like that it covers all four sides, including top and bottom (which is important if you keep the phone inside the bag with other items).

It's a tad bulkier than I would like but it's not as bulky as Otterbox's heavy duty cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: DallasManic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.