7 plus camera in smaller iPhone body?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmac89, Jun 17, 2017.

1. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

Hello,

I'm aware that the iPhone 8 is out later this year but what is the chance of a smaller iPhone model getting the 7 plus camera features?

Whilst the large screen is lovely I really have no need to be lugging around such a large phone but I do like the camera features, especially portrait mode.

In fact I quite like the size of the iPhone SE but realise this is the entry level model so it definitely won't be getting this feature anytime soon.

If the camera/portrait mode will stay exclusive to the biggest iPhone I might end up just buying the SE instead. Do you think there will be a new SE this year or not until next year?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Many have asked if they will update the SE. I do not think so unless it is a small update like memory. But putting the power of the 7 in a SE would required a whole new circuit board and not so sure Apple is that dedicated to the SE to do that.

3. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

The SE definitely won't be getting portrait mode within the next year, but the iPhone 8 (OLED 5.8/5.15") certainty will this fall. My guess is that's one of the few features they can easily withhold, so they will continue to do so. You have two tiers of separation (plus, regular, SE), so it'll be a while.

They'll be reworking the SE, idk if it'll be as soon as this spring, but if not then next spring. 4.3" device with curved design, I believe.