7 Plus orders pushed back at least a week

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by janeauburn, Nov 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Check your orders page. Expected delivery times of two of my 7 Plus orders have been pushed back from 1 - 2 weeks.

Man, Apple really laid an egg with this release. They don't have stock.

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

3. pmau macrumors 65816

Maybe they want to spread the sales more evenly until April.
    April might be iPad time to have a new iPad that can take advantage of the new iOS for iPad.
    Apple needs to improve. Every Surface or convertible Ultrabook eats heavily into Apples sales.
    Especially since low power CPU's are now finally available.

If iOS does not improve until June, any Microsoft update will be welcomed.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Right. But the OP was referring to Apple and their ordering system.

5. futurejetblackowner macrumors member

not jet black tho
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2016 ---
    At least your estimated delivery date isn't 12/12 - 12/19

6. vgpepper macrumors newbie

vgpepper

What day did you place your order? I placed an order on October 23, it just shipped yesterday, so roughly 16 days from order date to ship time, but I ordered one of the more standard colors, gold, not the black or jet black.

It could be that since you have ordrered multiple phones that apple is trying to ship out at least one phone to each customer but is holding off on shipping multiple orders to one person? I'm really surprised apple didn't realize there would be so much demand for the phone.

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Trust me Apple isn't purposefully holding back stock. They are losing money to others phones because not all people will wait a month.

8. dr34mc4st3r macrumors regular

dr34mc4st3r

exactly. apple risk losing revenues because many can't be bothered to wait

9. janeauburn thread starter macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

They are also losing confidence on wall street, which is worried that revenue will be down as a result of not being able to meet demand for the 7 Plus, which is the bigger money-maker.

There's really no way to spin this rotten egg. If you can't sell a product because you don't have it, that's bad.

10. futurejetblackowner macrumors member

In your words, "Wait 3 more months and order it online, next-day delivery. Until then, focus on something else."

11. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

I had originally ordered one on 10/28 with a 12/07 shipping estimate but ended up canceling because I discovered that a local independent Verizon store had most models in stock. The only ones they didn't have were the rose gold and mat black 128GB models.

12. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Ordered 3 plus models on 9/28, had them on 10/17. Local Apple store has them and so does several carriers. They are out there.

13. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

I was going to order one on friday but they said it would take 3 weeks or more for it to ship. so i just said forget it. my 6s is fine. i might wait till its easier to get.

14. futurejetblackowner macrumors member

This. The jet black 7+ 128gb I ordered from AT&T wasn't gonna ship until December 12th at the earliest. Then I saw that Best Buy had them in stock at multiple stores near me. So I reserved it for pickup on Friday and have been using it all weekend!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 13, 2016 ---
    check.best.buy.

They have faster shipping times. They literally had jet black 7+ 128gb in stock at multiple stores near me and I was able to get it the next day. AT&T was gonna make me wait until December

15. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You must be new here, otherwise you'd understand that this happens every year.

16. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Ordered a jb+ on sep 26th.

This week is when my shipping window starts 11/15-12/12. I seriously hope its not towards december. I was hoping I would have gotten it a week earlier.

17. futurejetblackowner macrumors member

For the last time, just order from Best Buy and you can get literally get it in two days.

What is wrong with y'all....

18. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

BB does not carry tmobile phones and I dont want to deal with the hassel of getting a non tmobile phone on tmobile. Hopefully they ship it this week.