iPhone XS Max 7 Plus VS XS max Battery

SteelHeart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
In the specs I see that iPhone XS max lasts 1 and half hours more than X but how about 7+?
Does XS max battery last long compared to 7+?

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
Compared to my 7+, my 8+’s battery life was much better, and my XS Max seems to have about the same battery performance as the 8+, so it should be at least as good as the 7+

aakshey

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
XS Max on iOS 12 = 8+ on iOS 11 = 7+ on iOS 10 approx

But on iOS 12 XS Max will last at least 50-75% longer than 7+.

Reactions: uknation87

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Coming from a 7+ to a XS Max I have a much longer battery life! I love it!
I have the 7 plus currently... thinking hard about doing the upgrade. And pro’s and/or con’s so far since you’ve made the switch? Also, what carrier do you have? Thanks!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have the 7 plus currently... thinking hard about doing the upgrade. And pro’s and/or con’s so far since you’ve made the switch? Also, what carrier do you have? Thanks!
I had the 6S Plus and bought the Max on launch day. Loved the Max but had awful cellular connectivity. Returned it and waiting for Apple to solve this problem. If not may go with the XR.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
I had the 6S Plus and bought the Max on launch day. Loved the Max but had awful cellular connectivity. Returned it and waiting for Apple to solve this problem. If not may go with the XR.
Which carrier are you on? I’ve read that not all carriers are having issues. Not sure how true that is.

avtclub

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2018
I had a 7 plus battery replaced before I gave it to my wife and used it for 3 weeks. Max is so much better, yesterday I got to the end of the day at 48% whereas my 7 plus would be at less than 20% with the same use. I also purchased a few wireless chargers dotted around the house but only use the one near my bed for overnight charging.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I had a 7 plus battery replaced before I gave it to my wife and used it for 3 weeks. Max is so much better, yesterday I got to the end of the day at 48% whereas my 7 plus would be at less than 20% with the same use. I also purchased a few wireless chargers dotted around the house but only use the one near my bed for overnight charging.
I agree. I had a fresh battery replacement not long ago on my 7 plus, and the Max still has noticeable improvement.

Hotpinkflamingoaz

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
Az
Face ID is amazing! So quick and I prefer it to the Touch ID for sure! It’s nearly the same size so a super quick adjustment! I thought I was having the WiFi/LTE issues but I believe it’s just being in my house. I’ve not had any dropped calls etc. My charging issue was fixed with the update so I honestly can’t say I have any cons. I did find one tiny micro scratch which I never noticed in my plus so I’m thinking of a screen protector for the first time.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I don't know about the 7+, but I know the Max last longer than the 8+ though the one I have is a least a year old which I got from our IT department so I don't know how kind to the battery the previous user was. But I know this Max will last me all day and way into the night with 45 to 55% battery left. The iPhone 8+ was down to 20 percent in the red zone most nights when I charged it.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
I’m taking the leap... sitting at Best Buy as I type this getting the XS Max 256 GB in Space Gray.

Fingers are crossed that this is an actual upgrade from 7 +.

Reactions: roncron

RIPstevejobs

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
i have no idea about the new iphones but i charge my 2-year-old 7+ once every 1.5-2 days.

ill probably keep it for another two years or so and then buy the new one again.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
i have no idea about the new iphones but i charge my 2-year-old 7+ once every 1.5-2 days.

ill probably keep it for another two years or so and then buy the new one again.
How often do you actually use it? My 7+ would require a early evening charge if I wanted to watch YouTube or anything like that on a daily basis.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
I think it is. Pretty substantial too. And I have a 7 plus with a new battery in it.
I can answer this question now and it’s an absolute YES in regards to the XS Max being an upgrade.

Apple will really have to come up with something truly amazing before I would consider moving away from this phone in the future.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
XS Max on iOS 12 = 8+ on iOS 11 = 7+ on iOS 10 approx

But on iOS 12 XS Max will last at least 50-75% longer than 7+.
I still rock a 7+ on iOS 10.xx So if I get the XS Max, it will roughly be in the same ballpark in terms of battery life?

aakshey

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
I still rock a 7+ on iOS 10.xx So if I get the XS Max, it will roughly be in the same ballpark in terms of battery life?
Maybe a bit longer on the Max if both batteries are at 100%.

The Max would still last say 10-20% longer but not double like for those 7+ that are on iOS 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.