Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by stephenc92, Sep 26, 2007.
Digg it here
Link to the real article instead of that crappy Digg site.
Updated my post.
MacSlice is hardly credible. Take a look at their ridiculous post about the Mac Pros. Not even close to realistic.
man i just want them to hurry up and update the ACD. I'm waiting on buying one now because I figure they will update them soon.
Did you even read the article? It's not saying that these products WILL be updated soon, just that they should be updated soon.
1. Airport Express - whats wrong with it?
2. Cinema Display - still going along with apple's theme
3. MacBook - got a refresh at the beginning of summer, but a new refresh wouldn't hurt, needs new graphics, even if its just the updated integrated chip
4. Mac Pro - with what? not much they can add to it right now
5. Mighty Mouse - whats wrong with it?
6. Apple Remote - ditto.
7. White Apple stuff - didn't know this was a product.
- enough said
LOL. So that's the reason for Apple customer loyalty
1. Airport Express: Besides 802.11n support and Gigabit ethernet, the rest of the things are silly. Compatibility with the Remote? It's a wireless relay device, not TV (which is likely the reason why the airport express is not being updated).
2. Cinema Display. I'll agree with this. And I'd guess it'll happen as soon as th MacPro gets an update.
3. MacBook. Congratulations macslice. You just literally listed all the changes that 9to5mac already reported might be coming.
4. MacPro. I personally don't need one so I'll withold any comments.
5. Mighty Mouse. What's wrong with it? I personally like it and can't think of anything to change it except for maybe a few external design concepts (aluminum).
6. Apple Remote. Smaller? I have trouble remembering where I put it!
7. White products. Seeing that they just started the shift away from white about 2 months ago (4 if you count the iPhone), this seems to just be a ploy to go "hey, Apple listened to us!"
I've seen better comments in the forums here then this article
Yeah but what are the rules on linking to your own site on here? Cause I'm pretty sure macslice is the thread starters website.
They are smoking something, seriously!
Option for high-definition display? They are already HD/+ if you look at the 23" and 30" Apple Cinema Display (1920x1200 and 2560x1600).
What self-respecting professional needs a crummy 1 MPixel camera in their display?
And the obvious critique point would be about LED-backlit. There is a reason why the 17" MacBook Pro does not even come with LED-technology, it is really expensive.
.Mac and WebObjects are on my list.
Have you read the other articles on the site, which is what I was referring to? We all know some things need to be updated, but MacSlice does not offer great news. Which makes me not want to read what they have to write, regardless of how good one of their articles might be.
Also, MacSlice in the same Mac Pro article I am speaking of said the ACDs would get backlit displays and a larger 32" size (which makes no sense) yet in this article they say changes *might* include. What happened to their source!? It was such a good source! What is more comical is that they still imply that the previously reported Mac Pro specs are accurate while not mentioning their source for the ACDs!
And yes, I read the article
I believe it is as well. This same poster started the Mac Pro update thread a few days ago and thee article was from the same site. Go figure. Trying to drive some traffic in it seems.
I'm thinking the same thing.
I laughed out loud when he said on the site that the Mac Pro was last updated in April. The Mac Pro hasn't been updated since August 2006. A dual quad-core option is an "option", and the $999 RAID card? hahahahaha
Pah, reads like it was written by a 13 year old and doesn't say anything other than the blatantly obvious.
Macbook, I'd like it smaller and faster, and I want a pony, and and and
That is possibly the funniest and truest thing ive read all day!
Reads like those filler pieces in supermarket-rack mags.
Homework: take the list, prepare analog using
a) 8 things Chevy needs to know to close the sale
b) 10 things only a male role model can help your child learn
c) and a partridge in a (recipes for fast suppers)
d) or a cartridge in a (best power handtools for home repair)
BTW, the link in the first post doesn't work.
Fixing Safari! Its fast, but it really sucks (theres even a website). As an example of just how bad it sucks, I tried editing this post in Wordpress on Safari (not a good idea), and it ruined the whole thing, so I had to start all over. Its just horrible.
Heh, IE and FF have similiar websites.
This entire page seems to just mirror what everyone is saying. The macbook is updated twice a year, so it's quite obvious it will be updated soon..
What else could you add to the mac pro? 16 core?
Optional glossy ACD?
lmao. what a **** article
It does read like this in some areas; the writing is also very basic. This makes it harder to take the whole thing seriously.
Go the Supermarket and read one of those checkstand magazines. You'll see what she means
Just one pony? I'm pretty sure the writer asked for several (and a castle in the sky!).
that made my day.
i truly cannot be the biggest idiot in the world
I hear ya...boo to Digg.
I know, I laughed at that too. Who the **** wants a glossy ACD?!
Edit : Oh and this bit made me laugh as well :
does the author have any idea how much flash drives cost at the moment? Because if Apple released options with those sizes soon you can expect the price to rise to match.
big 2 for me is the macbooks. Apple has to speed up how quickly they update them now that they are the Intel world. It worked ok with PowerPC chips but with x86 they really need to speed up how often they are updated to match the rest in the industry. Close to the end up update cycles apple computers are overpriced. After an update they are extremely completive but it goes down hill after that.