7 year old boy feeds 13 reptiles to croc

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JLatte, Oct 9, 2008.

1. JLatte macrumors 6502

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7649876.stm

I know this article was from almost a week ago but I did a search here and didn't see it. If it's already been posted, I'm sorry.

That's just unbelievable... in 30 minutes none the less. Seven years old?? Something's just really sick about that kid.

2. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Let's see how long it takes before someone blames it on his environment.

3. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Come on when you where that age, did you go out and shoot lizards with your bb gun? If so did you turn out to be a killer, no... It's part of growing up and is normal if you ask me. Now I am not saying what this boy did is not wrong. It is very sick and should be punished. But to say he will go as far and kill people, is crap...

4. JLatte thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I'm not saying he's going to be a serial killer. I am saying that he has severe psychological dysfunctions. However to answer your question, when I was 7 I never ran around with a weapon of any sort. If any kid did have a b.b. gun and shot a lizard, that's the morbid curiosity that comes with growing up. This kid was smiling, and had the full intention of feeding the reptiles to the croc. I mean... he climbed over the wall after hours to do this. It's not like he tossed a little lizard in to see what would happen. He did this repeatedly, and not only that but bludgeoned other animals with rocks. That's not normal in any sense of the word. If I saw a 7 year old kid out in the street smashing the neighbor's dog with a huge rock, I'm not going to tell the neighbor "Well hey, it's just growin up!" I suppose by your logic, those kids that doused the cat in gasoline, lit it and laughed and watched the cat burn alive while video taping the event is just normal and part of growing up :rolleyes:

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Actually I waited until I was about 14/15yrs old then me and my buddy made mini electric chairs for toads. We'd torture them (they kinda make an "EEP" sound) we did that until it wasn't any more fun.

I'm not a serial killer....... that YOU know of :eek:

Funny thing is, I turned out serving this country in the AF then working for a defense contractor (LMCO) and write computer software (ok so I'm half way to serial killer) and my buddy ended up working for Apple. ROFLMAO.

6. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I burned ants with my magnifying glass and pulled daddy long legs wings off. However, what this kid did is off the charts of normal inquisitive childhood behaviour. In my opinion this suggests psychological problems.

However, I wouldn't suggest this means he's going to be a serial klller. He may become a soldier/policeman instead... :D

7. Quartz Extreme macrumors regular

Quartz Extreme

I don't get it.

8. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Well you should get out more.

9. David G. macrumors 65816

10. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Oh and most importantly full! :p

11. David G. macrumors 65816

The lawyers for the family should take this into effect if/when they get sued, the zoo didn't have to feed it anymore that day. Think of the savings in food costs!

12. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Plus labor, because at Gator Land they hang over the hungry critters... I am sure they get paid good to feed a hungry gator or croc.

PS: Yes I do know the difference between a gator and a crocodile.

13. JLatte thread starter macrumors 6502

This is true, but the croc probably would've been happiest if the boy fell in :D

14. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

He's still just a 7 year old boy... You sir are just as sick as the boy and I don't care if you are joking...

15. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Somehow, I think such an event could be contributed to karma.

16. angelneo macrumors 68000

Shouldn't the parents be around to make sure the kid doesn't get into these kind of trouble? Sorta of like leaving your 6 year old kid in a glassware store alone.... very bad idea.

17. JLatte thread starter macrumors 6502

Boy you just are really bad at misquoting me today aren't you? I said the croc. I didn't say myself. I didn't give my personal opinion on that. If you'd like to know my personal opinion, I wouldn't be happy, I'd be ecstatic. Sure, call me sick, it's not going to ruin my night.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

to me the screams volumes about the security or the lack of security (and safety) at the zoo.

It should not be possible for any one at a zoo much less a 7 year old to cause that many problems in less than 30 mins

19. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

lol.

Over react much?

20. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I quote the politically correct Brodie for the perfect phrase of wisdom in times like these...

21. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Since the kid snuck in after hours I would say he knew his actions were wrong yet followed through so I do not see why he can not be prosecuted?

Though that will never happen you could at least make the parents pay for the losses and make them send the kid to a military academy to learn some discipline.

Their is a definite difference between a child getting into some mischief and committing wanton acts of cruelty, destruction of property, and breaking and entry.

22. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I blame Reptile Killer 5 on the Playstation 3.

23. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Not true. This happened in Australia. We're not allowed violent video games here :(. We did get My Little Reptile for PS3 though......

24. klymr macrumors 65816

Umm... since when have daddy long legs had wings? I'm confused MrSmith. :confused:

25. ChrisA macrumors G4

Something like this happened hear here in Long Beach, California. Kids climbed over a fence at night. The trouble is that most kid's parents can't pay back $250K in damages so they are forced to declare bankruptcy and the money is never repaid.

Child welfare service do get involved too and ask questions about why a 7 year old was allowed to run around un-supervised at night. Usually this is a tip off that the parents have some serious problems