7000 series aluminum durabilty

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kagharaht, Dec 1, 2015.

1. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

It's been a few months now with the new 6s series. Any naked users there ready to chime in on the scratch and ding resistance of the new material for the 6s series?

2. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

I had a slight bend on my 6 plus last year at this stage, no bends on my 6s plus

3. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes it's definitely harder than previous. I'm wondering if its as durable with the finish as the AWatch? I've lightly banged mine many times on the wall, metal bars during workout or just the desk. Not hard impacts, just normal everyday bumping into things. The AWatch finish has no visible damage. None. I wonder if the iP6s series are holding up just as well.

4. viperGTS macrumors 65816

They both use 7000 series aluminum, so I think they are equally durable.

5. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

The 7000 series aluminum seems durable. The anodized coating, not as much. I'm sure the 6s' coatings will show wear, but not dent as easy. To Apple's credit, I have banged against many hard surfaces to create these "character marks"[​IMG]

6. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow you definitely gave the watch a serious workout there. No dents amazing.

7. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Yes, unfortunately it's like that on almost all sides! Of course, I'm sure the space gray will show more contrasting damage than silver.
    I've come to realize I'm not easy on electronic wearables, but if I had a Fitbit or Pebble instead, I'm sure would have destroyed them easily.