70's Cinema Bass - Reverb Issue

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Mr. Monsieur, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

Hey folks!

This is a pretty specific issue, but I'm kind of at a loss, so I thought I'd post...
    I'm trying to figure out why, when I use the 70's Cinema Bass sound in Logic, I'm able to hear all the bass notes clearly, but after I record the piece, the reverb causes some of the notes to get overrun by earlier notes?
    I've tried to tone down the reverb in the Tape Delay and Compressor, I've also tried different settings in the "Final Heavy Master" section, but I can't get rid of the overwhelming reverb!

Thanks in advance!

2. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Can you post a small example project file somewhere, e.g. Dropbox?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That would help. You haven't got a reverb setting someplace else by any chance?

4. Mr. Monsieur thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I know the issue is somewhere in an instrument/plugin/setting/whatever somewhere (I created a new project and didn't have the same issue!), but simply can't figure out *where* the issue is located!
    Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/emncubl1bbzk0p5/_HoSmrNkk6

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'll take it apart on my iMac later today...on my IPad at present...should be able to locate the problem...I have a full installation, with all the extra instruments loops and patches...my KB also displays patch info. Will post back later.

6. crenz, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

I took a look, but what you uploaded seems to be missing the main logic file. I only saw the LgDoc subfolder. Can you archive the Logic Project and put it on DropBox?

7. Mr. Monsieur thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Mr. Monsieur thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I figured out the issue...I needed to drop sustain in the envelope. I also bypassed the Tape Delay...
    *Thanks* for your thoughts on this!